CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Electronics gurus needed - wiring loom

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Urgh irritate i went along and cut up the loom removing side stand switch, clutch switch all lights etc and now the bike doesnt start... Im an idiot now im begging for help!

There is voltage between the battery and a voltage betwen starter neg wire and battery pos wire but no voltage elsewere, ignition is wired up together and i wired the cut off switch from the cdi to the main fuse to bypass the cutt off switches.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM

Here is what I had in my notes. Please check your schematic against this before connecting your battery.

Black/White & Black/Red - Start button at rest
Yellow/Red & Black/White - Start button at start
Black/White & Black - Stop/Kill Switch

Black/White - Goes to the fuel cut relay and each coil.
Black/Red - Goes to the headlight fuse (if you are removing all lights, you will not need this)
Yellow/Red - Goes to the starter relay.
Black - Goes to the ignition fuse. If you remove the complete fuse box, you can add a fuse holder closer to the red wire on the starter relay switch near the battery.

I am pretty sure I ran from the red wire (12v+) to the black wire in the ignition switch. This should allow you to just use the stop/kill switch without the key. Be sure that the black wire from the ECU is on the Black/White wire on the switched side of the stop/kill switch.

Again, these are notes that I have made. I used a different kill switch than the stock unit and a different throttle. But the color coding should be close.Please consult your schematic in your shop manual. If you do not have one, please purchase one.

Last edited by Duck62; 02-26-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by jackojeff
Urgh irritate i went along and cut up the loom removing side stand switch, clutch switch all lights etc and now the bike doesnt start... Im an idiot now im begging for help!

There is voltage between the battery and a voltage betwen starter neg wire and battery pos wire but no voltage elsewere, ignition is wired up together and i wired the cut off switch from the cdi to the main fuse to bypass the cutt off switches.
I am not sure what you mean by this. You should read +12v on the + side of the battery with the red lead of a multimeter, and the black lead to ground or the - side of the battery. You need to let us know what color wires you are using. The black wire at the stop/kill switch should be the one with +12v. If you cut out your fuse box, then you will not have any voltage at the switch. You will need to look at what I have listed above and see if that wiring corresponds with what you have.

Last edited by Duck62; 02-26-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM

ECU-
Green wire to frame earth
Green/white to starter relay's green/red wire (to remove side stand and clutch switches)
black to kill switch's black and to 12v red
yellow/blue to coil
blue/yellow to coil
yellow/red to TPS
red/yellow to TPS
blue to TPS
white yellow to the standard sensor under the CCT
yellow to

FUEL CUT OFF RELAY-
blue/yellow to blue/yellow on ecu
black/white to coil and kill switch
black/blue to fuel pump

KILL/START SWITCH CONNECTING BLOCKS
yellow/red to starter relay
black to red 12v and ecu
black/white to coils and fuel cut off

13.1 Volts in the battery
12.7v between green at frame and black at ecu
12.7v between green at frame and black at switch
3v between green at frame and red 12v wire

fuses are intact and 0 amps across the loom with no ohms either.