CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

ebay plastics from hong kong??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay plastics from hong kong??

Has anyone here purchased (or know anyone who has) those fairing sets off of ebay that come from Hong Kong? Usually priced around $250+shipping, like this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...QQcmdZViewItem

The price sure cant be beat, but im thinking there has to be some catch, mainly fitment issues. But its a hell of a lot easier and cheaper than repainting everything, so if theyre ok I'd be willing to work minor fitment problems.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Default RE: ebay plastics from hong kong??

I was wondering the exact same thing, I was planning on doing the Repsol kit but didn't know how the fitment would be. Also on a side note if you notice, the black and yellow kit from Hong Kong says "The Power of Preams" instead of the traditional Honda taglinePower of Dreams.[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Funny Misspell...

Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 PM

i was skimming through that ebay post, and shipping is another 220 bucks, but i guess that still works out to be a pretty good deal, compared to what buying new factory oem fairings costs. Another thing i saw was that they only refund the price of the fairing, not the shipping, if you return it. that kindof blows.

I have seen one or two other posts on here about these hong kong fairings on ebay, but havent seen any bikes with them. maybe try searching for those posts and seeing if they did buy them/how they fitted.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 PM

I saw some on a 929 that didn't look well.The lowers melted somewhat from the heat.The fitment was poor.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM

i just ordered myself a set...i needed every fairing replaced..lol. we'll see how they turn out, when i get them ill get some pics.
by the sounds of things..some heat tape would be a good idea....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=010

ill let u guys know.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM

Jesus, the one you ordered says "The Power of Preams" too!!! What the hell? [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

i just ordered myself a set...i needed every fairing replaced..lol. we'll see how they turn out, when i get them ill get some pics.

ill let u guys know.
please sir! for the love of God let me know how it turns out/how difficult it was to install etc etc...the right side of my bike is ****ed up, and im seriously considering those bad *** looking repsol fairings, cuz DAMNED IF IM GONNA PAY 180 ****IN DOLLARS FOR JUST THE RIGHT SIDE TAIL FAIRING FROM THE ****ING LOCAL HONDA DEALER!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM

I was looking at a SevenStars kit...but I mailed a guy that left feedback to talk to him before ordering....he said they did not mount up at all and he had to either re drill holes or ziptie it to the frame...he also said that they melted in a couple months from engine heat, exhaust...and even from sun. So I just got new plastics and im going to get them proffesionally painted and then get a decal kit....seems like the safer way to go.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

ill let u guys know.
Dude I can't wait to see how it looks! I might be able to help you with funds. I'll send you a PM here shortly to discuss it!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Dj_Squatch

I was looking at a SevenStars kit...but I mailed a guy that left feedback to talk to him before ordering....he said they did not mount up at all and he had to either re drill holes or ziptie it to the frame...he also said that they melted in a couple months from engine heat, exhaust...and even from sun. So I just got new plastics and im going to get them proffesionally painted and then get a decal kit....seems like the safer way to go.
I wonder if the plastic is thinner or something? Why would it melt just sitting in the sun? I mean sure the sun's hot and all. But damn!

Quick Reply: ebay plastics from hong kong??