CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   eating batteries... : ( (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/eating-batteries-115892/)

96@cbr 09-02-2010 07:12 PM

yeah the tender stays plugged in the wall and when your done riding you plug it to your bike. The kit comes with a wall charger and clips that screw directly to your battery terminals. there is enough slack to where you can hang it somewhere behind your side farings. when u see it you will know what we are talking about.

Yeah shutting off your bike is a good idea but if you dont trust your battery... then problems are sure to rise

Get the tender jr. it doesnt have those alligator clips its got the clips where you screw them on the pos and neg terminals

96@cbr 09-02-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deltemis (Post 962583)
never charge mine during my riding season since i ride everyday. sometimes during the summer i will not even touch my bike for about 1-3 weeks based on the weather but battery is still fine so i'm guessing r/r on this one as are others

it'd be a huge hassle to me to charge during the riding season. i'd have to take off rear fairings, unbolt seat, unbolt battery lid, take out the battery, bring it in, hook it up, remember to put it back in when i ride, screw bolt in, then seat bolts, and then rear fairings. too much work for me :|

battery tender jr takes away all that BS work you stated LOL. having your bike sit for that long im almost postive your battery does not have a full charge. And if you sat in traffic for awhile and you accidently stalled out that f3 probably wont start back up.

mikeyfish 09-04-2010 11:52 PM

yeah thats what i meant by the pig tails. i have that battery tender. I just didnt think that it was long enough to reach outside of the fairings but i havent hooked it up yet. But thanks man i guess i will have to give it a try. Oh and my pig tails are the bolt on kind so no risk of em falling off.
Mike

baxter1 09-05-2010 07:53 AM

a battery tender is the same thing as a trickle charger correct? i have a cord that i ran out of the side fairing so i can hook my battery up and keep it at a full charge when im not riding. but its been charging for 3 days and it still wont even turn over. im starting to think its not the r/r.. which stinks because i already ordered one. oh well, at least i know that thing will go bad on my f3 very soon ha

larsdg22 09-06-2010 06:30 PM

yes trickle charger is the same thing. If you have had it on the charger for 3 days and it wont turn over....year its not the r/r or stator. Does the charger say the battery is charged??? Most of them have a green light that comes on once the battery is at full charge. So id start by bringin your battery to some place that can test it. It could just be a bad battery. However, if the battery is fully charged and its not turning over then who knows, could be a number of things.

baxter1 09-06-2010 07:21 PM

its killed 2 batteries. and the green light will not come on. it wont charge anymore. i think i just need to change the r/r and it should be alright.

Deltemis 09-07-2010 01:03 AM

the battery tender and trickle charger are similar but not the same

trickle charger will continue to charge even when battery is full
battery tender will not, just incase somebody thought they were the same

justinlansdale 09-12-2010 05:13 PM

did the OP poster figure out the problem? I have exact same issue with my F3 right now, and i'm thinking about ordering a new R/R tomorrow morning. it has a two week old battery in it that is almost completely drained. the bike won't turn over now, not enough juice to get it going.