CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

DynoJet carb rebuild. ran then quit\

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DynoJet carb rebuild. ran then quit\

since after storing i was getting very boggy gears and knew i left bad gas in the carbs. So i assumed i needed a rebuild and have rebuilt my carbs before on my 87 hurricane and worked great. i got everything put together and back on. this is all fresh gas now as i had drove it before the rebuild because it was drivable. after the rebuild i had to use starting fluid to get it running and it idled great. drove it two miles and it dies. waiting a minute and it started back up again and drove it home and died again. not it doesn't want to turn over, while it does crank. it won't start at all. could be something as simple as too much air getting to the carbs as may e i slipped putting on the hoses? i did notice it still liked to bog "kind of" in the first couple gears that i was able to get to. can anyone help??

Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1996 cbr600
since after storing i was getting very boggy gears and knew i left bad gas in the carbs. So i assumed i needed a rebuild and have rebuilt my carbs before on my 87 hurricane and worked great. i got everything put together and back on. this is all fresh gas now as i had drove it before the rebuild because it was drivable. after the rebuild i had to use starting fluid to get it running and it idled great. drove it two miles and it dies. waiting a minute and it started back up again and drove it home and died again. not it doesn't want to turn over, while it does crank. it won't start at all. could be something as simple as too much air getting to the carbs as may e i slipped putting on the hoses? i did notice it still liked to bog "kind of" in the first couple gears that i was able to get to. can anyone help??

Maybe not getting fuel?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Maybe not getting fuel?
Thats what i was thinking. It got late so i never looked at her some more. Im going to after work here today so ill let you know! Thanks

Old 04-22-2014, 03:15 PM

I would agree with the no fuel, my F2 is vacum fed from the tank. if your F3 is the same make sure everything is connected and there isn't a leak. Also make sure the carbs boots are screwed down tightly.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Default finally got back into her.

Retook everything apart(carbs) checked everything possible and reassembled everything correctly. Did not replace bowl seals though as I thought they would be fine as they seemed to be ok. Bike runs now. The new jets I put in were bigger (138,140) which is what was reccomended for slip ons and k&n filter. Idles great. Still bogs when riding real bad. Also I noticed the guy before me had the adjustment screws all the way in. So with the bigger jets I know around 3 turns out is where it needs to be... but heres the problem, if the adjustment screws arent all the way in gas leaks out the bowls? Not sure exactly where. But around there. Could the leak be something as simple as needing new seals on the bowls? Also besides the leak can anyone explain why it still rides like ****? It gets fuel, carbs are sparkling clean. With the new jets and needles. Keep in mind this all started happening after storage. I only shut the gas off when I stored it. Every hose connected correctly. Im at a loss. Have new plugs coming. Is a carb sync absolutly needed when putting in bigger main jets? But it doesnt make sense because its bogging the same way it did after I took it out of storage when it had all the stock systems in it that ran awesome before storage. Its not bad gas in there as I have been through 3 tanks with fuel cleaner. Nothing is stuck or gunked.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:23 PM

How does your fuel filter look?

Old 05-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Not quite sure although I am getting a new one anyway. I feel like its gotta be something easy cause she went into storage running great and came out running like ****...

Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Retook everything apart(carbs) checked everything possible and reassembled everything correctly. Did not replace bowl seals though as I thought they would be fine as they seemed to be ok. Bike runs now. The new jets I put in were bigger (138,140) which is what was reccomended for slip ons and k&n filter. Idles great. Still bogs when riding real bad. Also I noticed the guy before me had the adjustment screws all the way in. So with the bigger jets I know around 3 turns out is where it needs to be... but heres the problem, if the adjustment screws arent all the way in gas leaks out the bowls? Not sure exactly where. But around there. Could the leak be something as simple as needing new seals on the bowls? Also besides the leak can anyone explain why it still rides like ****? It gets fuel, carbs are sparkling clean. With the new jets and needles. Keep in mind this all started happening after storage. I only shut the gas off when I stored it. Every hose connected correctly. Im at a loss. Have new plugs coming. Is a carb sync absolutly needed when putting in bigger main jets? But it doesnt make sense because its bogging the same way it did after I took it out of storage when it had all the stock systems in it that ran awesome before storage. Its not bad gas in there as I have been through 3 tanks with fuel cleaner. Nothing is stuck or gunked.
I have a full race exhaust and I was running at 2.75-3 turns out and couldn't figure out why I was running terrible, everything cleared up finally when I went to 1.5 turns out, just saying each bike is going to be set up differently and 3 turns is just a starting point

Old 05-10-2014, 02:55 PM

Ok cool. Not sure where the gas is leaking out of the bowls. But if thise adjustment screws arent completely tight it leaks out gas?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 AM

No, the adjustment screws are spring loaded and hold tention when loose, I'm not exactly sure how it works but backing out the screws will not cause it to leak, unless of course you back them out way too far if that's even possible, Do you have the right tool to adjust the screws?

Quick Reply: DynoJet carb rebuild. ran then quit\