CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

directions of off on and reserve.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default directions of off on and reserve.

hey guys ive read cuple post of directions for off reserve and on, but it dosent explain the one i have. i have a 96 f3 and my petcock was changed due to leaking gas, and the directions are str8 up left and right, it dosent have down or nething like i see on the posts ive read, so can sum1 tell me the directions please, thanks, whats up and whats left, and whats right?

Old 12-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Default RE: directions of off on and reserve.

im guessing your petcock is turned to the right by 1/4 turn. so your left is everyone elses down, your up is every one elses left, and your right is everyone elses up.

so yours should be:

left=on, up=off, right=reserve,

hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM

hey thanks alot man u have to b the only person that responded to my post with out bn a *****, so respect fa dat. every other forum ppl making fun about the word petcock and bein so dum but thanks man that helps alot.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:44 PM

Tell them to go F themselves and go get on their Stretched Busa that they never touched despite it having $30k in accesories and chrome done to it.

The Arrow part pointing all the way down towards the ground is ON. Arrow pointing towards the front of the bike is OFF. And Arrow pointing up is to you. Or basically turning it all the way counter-clockwise will turn the fuel ON. Turning it all the way Clockwise will turn it on Reserve.

I actually just found out which one was reserve and On thanks to this post. My bike was painted over with a rattle can(Which I'm sanding off now) along with the fuel switch. I knew forward was off becuase I've taken my tank on and off my bike about a bagillion times in the last month. But didn't know which was On or Off because they both will work.

But funny story is one time while working on my bike I took the tank off. Then put it back on and forgot to turn the fuel on. I let my bike idel for a bit and the bike was acting weird. I gave it gas and it kept dying. I tried running to jump it off but nothing. Then when I decided to go ahead and remove my carbs due to my rubber intake boots coming in. I decided to get them cleaned and noticed when I took the tank off I had it in the Off position.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

daking,
It sounds like you don't have a factory petcock. The factorypetcock should turn from bottom to top with the pointer pointing to the front of the bike when in the off position. You've probably got something that the previous owner stuck on there just to get it working. Hey Asmittie8a, I've forgotten to switch my petcock from reserve back to on after filling up. So.... yeah... uummmm... you guessed it. When the bike began to sputter and I went to switch over to reserve... I was OUTA gas. Ended up pushing a couple miles to the next gas station. Watch out for that one!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Just curious how does the reserve exactly work? I heard that it just switches to a longer hose that sucks from the bottom of the tank.

Or is it something seperate?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 AM

thats how it works. just takes gas from the bottom of the tank