CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Die Die Die

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Die Die Die

Hey guys,
Hopefully someone here can help. I've got a '97 F3 with just under 13k, that seems to either die alot, or just not start. The bike died on me at the begining of last summer, so I replaced the battery and sure enough it didn't start about 2 weeks ago, So I jumped it. Then it died on my when I released the clutch that same day about half way to my destination. Before it died, the RPMs were bouncing around a little and I could tell it was about to die.

The battery sat on a trickle charge all winter and I added water when I got it back.

It then sat for a few months, thats probably why it needed to be jumped. If I jump it and let it sit for a few, I might be able to get a few quick trips on it, but otherwise it wont start a day or two later. Any Ideas?

I've been told:
alternator
regulator/recifier
stator

because the battery is pretty new. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 AM

r/r more than likely

Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
r/r more than likely
Went on eBay and found an aftermarket replacement for $19.99 free shipping from China. Can't really beat that. I'll be on vacation for a week and some change so it should be here by the time I get back... Hopefully this would solve the issue. Thanks

Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DINI22
Hey guys,
Hopefully someone here can help. I've got a '97 F3 with just under 13k, that seems to either die alot, or just not start. The bike died on me at the begining of last summer, so I replaced the battery and sure enough it didn't start about 2 weeks ago, So I jumped it. Then it died on my when I released the clutch that same day about half way to my destination. Before it died, the RPMs were bouncing around a little and I could tell it was about to die.

The battery sat on a trickle charge all winter and I added water when I got it back.

It then sat for a few months, thats probably why it needed to be jumped. If I jump it and let it sit for a few, I might be able to get a few quick trips on it, but otherwise it wont start a day or two later. Any Ideas?

I've been told:
alternator
regulator/recifier
stator

because the battery is pretty new. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Tim
most of the batteries for these bikes dont/should never need water