CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

dated look

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricecooker
ambeos, where did you get your fairings? the real honda ones are expensive but you can get aftermarket cheap. is it one of those "you get what you pay for" ordeals?
yeah somewhat, i got mine from the china exports on ebay, if your puting them on a F4I then dont buy these but for our purposes they are great and cheap. The predrilled holes and tabs are sometimes off alignment but since we arent using any of the tabs or holes for our bikes it doesnt matter. the material itsself is very sturdy some parts may be a little rough around the edges but nothing a quick hand sand wont fix. i bought the raw unpainted ones because i have my own design im going to use but other people on here say that the paint job on them are pretty good. You can also get them at Wholesale - Buy China Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesalers on DHgate.com about the same on price but more selection of paint jobs if you arent painting yourself.
The headlight and faringstay, bolts ect you will either have to get from ebay or a junkyard.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 PM

do you know a link that shws how to do the f4i to f3 guage cluster swap? looks like cbrworld isnt a website anymore

Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Originally Posted by Ricecooker
do you know a link that shws how to do the f4i to f3 guage cluster swap? looks like cbrworld isnt a website anymore
F3 to F4i
Green/Blue---- Green/Blue
Pink/Green----Pink/Green
Black/Brown----Black/Brown
Brown----Brown/White
Light Green/Red----Light Green/Red
Orange----Orange
Light Blue----Light Blue
Blue----Blue
Blue/Red----Blue/Red
Green (one of them)----Green
Green/Black----Green/Black
Yellow/Green----Yellow/Green
Pink (solid pink) - ground this out (other green)
Brown/Black - fuel reserve sensor - not used
Red/Green - battery(+) - connect to battery
White/Blue - fi indicator - not used.
Yellow/Black----Green/White This is where you have an option..

how to use the 'FI' bulb as the kickstand indicator!! To add, it is also functional in that if you put the kickstand down in gear, it stalls! f3's yellow/black wire connects to f4i's white/blue wire AND NOT it's green/black wire.

The mount panel for the cluster is up to you i just made a triangular piece of metal for it to bolt to then bolted that to the bike. i will mae a nicer ABS plastic one this winter.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

you cant see it in the finished pic but i drilled out a big hole for the harness to pass threw the back of the plate and plug upto the cluster.

Last edited by ambeos5; 09-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the "dated look" of the F2's & F3's, especially when newer/bigger bikes at track days cant keep up or have a helluva time getting past me.