CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

CBR600 F3 Electrical or Worse

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600 F3 Electrical or Worse

Hi all. I am having massive troubles with my 96 CBR600 F3.
Im hoping someone out there maybe able to help in any way.
I had my bike parked at worked and some ignorant **** hit it with his car, of course it went over onto its rh side, the bike was picked up and put back where i had left it. To cut a long story short i need a full set of fairings, anyone know of any??????
But more importantly, i started the bike first time after all this and it was running sweet, it kicked over as it should, then while i was moving the bike to ride off, i accidently hit the kill switch, obviously the bike stopped running, when i went to turn the key back on there was no power in the bike whatsoever. I have since got it home (on a ute) stripped it of all its fairings and checked the battery, its fine at 12.8v, what i have noticed is that the dash lights are very very dim and when i push the horn on its just clicks and the dash lights as dim as they are loose power, like its got next to no power in the system or something is draining it. I have managed to crash start it, but i can only idle it, as soon as i give it revs its all over the show, rev and speedo guages jump round like a dog on heat. A couple of times full power will come onto the dash but as soon as i try to start it it dies and back to the beggining of this headache.
Im hoping for any info if any to help me cure this, thanks people.
Nic

Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CBR600 F3 Electrical or Worse

id say bad connection at the battery or the battery is toast. I had my battery die on me almost instantly just a couple weeks ago. I rode to work and all was fine, fired it up after work and still fine but i stalled it on accident and then nothing. no power anywhere. tested the battery and got 12 V but when you apply a load it would almost straight short out internally

Old 10-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CBR600 F3 Electrical or Worse

Bad luck about the topple, this could be a loose wire from the fall, hope it is any way. The CBR's have a reg problem, intermittant at 1st (they overheat), & then it finally carps it all together (so it just runs on battery power). So intitially your battery comes up sweet, as they can recover a few times from the drain on them.
Have it checked out by the shop, or if your ok with a voltmeter, do it yourself, just remember that a faulty reg my show up ok if there allowed to cool before you test em.
Hows Queensland anyway?