CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

CBR F3 fairings

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an OEM tail fairing for my f3 off cheapcycleparts.com and it fit/looks awesome. Cost me $120 tho for that one piece of plastic. Wouldn't dream of buying an entire OEM fairing kit. You could just about buy a newer better bike for that cost I would imagine.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM

yyyeeeaahhhh.....ssooooo im doing this actually. I totally agree with the economic reasons stated by daniels but my bike has sentimental value, to me it represents more than just the typical 'sanity saver'. 1)its not injected....which i prefer 2)it used to be my brothers & 3)the mechanical parts (engine, wheels, etc.) are in great shape.

So for me, i would rather spend the money over say...2 years (im getting it one piece at a time) to "restore" the bike. Than invest in a new bike. but thats just me.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by b.rinner
1)its not injected....which i prefer
Are you on crack?

I've replaced a bunch of plastic on my bike with OEM bargains off ebay. Most everything I got in "good" condition needed some kind of repair. I refuse to do the math, but if I had simply saved the money I spent, I'd riding an F4i or some such by now.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halbritt
Are you on crack?

I've replaced a bunch of plastic on my bike with OEM bargains off ebay. Most everything I got in "good" condition needed some kind of repair. I refuse to do the math, but if I had simply saved the money I spent, I'd riding an F4i or some such by now.
it just all depends on what the rider wants.
ive seen 10,000 put into a honda f2.
He loved it, and its possible he enjoys it more than if he bought a brand new bike.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by halbritt
Are you on crack?.....

yeah, that makes me laugh....i guess i am on crack. I know the pitfalls of carburation (sp?) and even if they do reach up and bite me im ok with that. To me it adds to the respect that you need to have to ride these things.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:24 AM

I will be putting my fairings up soon. I'm keeping the tail thought as i need it to merge my r1 conversion to my frame. but everything else is going.

I cant post it here, so i'll post a link elsewhere, probably stuntlife or something.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by b.rinner

yeah, that makes me laugh....i guess i am on crack. I know the pitfalls of carburation (sp?) and even if they do reach up and bite me im ok with that. To me it adds to the respect that you need to have to ride these things.
To each their own. For me the biggest improvement stepping up from carbs to FI was 1. The response time when I gave it gas(the F3 was no slouch acceleration wise, but there is a noticeable difference) and 2. The ability to cold start her without worrying about having the battery die on really cold mornings(Being stored outside didn't help either). The battery dieing has only happened twice but I remember not being too happy about it lol. But its all preference and if there was a bike I really wanted(Been wanting a project bike) I wouldn't let something like carbs get in the way of weather or not I buy it.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Never buy ABS fairing kits.. they are junk! Only get OEM that need some repair and a paint job. Got all mine used, slightly damage.. a fiberglass repair kit, some elbow grease, some new paint and clear coat.. better then new. Less then $500 for the whole bike! 96 CBR F3 converted tail to 97/98..

Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM

Ive used skidmarx in the past (when I lived in the UK). Had good service and found their products to be pretty good quality.

Im in Aus now and would try and use them again when the time comes.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:07 AM

Why bother.. buy old OEM fix the cracks with fiberglass kit.. rough it up and re-paint.. works everytime!! Costs one third the price of the BS abs molded crap!!

To each your own!!

Quick Reply: CBR F3 fairings