CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Carburator problems (floats and other stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if the rubber tips of the float needles look to be in good condition, the rubber could have lost it's elasticity and isn't seating into the seat correctly.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedemon636

yea, not the part. thats what the main jet screws onto...

i dont see what replacing those brass sleeves would do. 1.) its not a replaceable part, its pressed in, not ment to be removed. 2.) that sleeve is not a part that would suffer from wear and tear. what is the float valve? aluminum? save yourself from ruining you carbs and leave those brass sleeves in there. seek new float valves and float bowl gaskets. #'s 25 and 26 from the link...

Last edited by Will.Bass; 06-30-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
yea, not the part. thats what the main jet screws onto...

i dont see what replacing those brass sleeves would do. 1.) its not a replaceable part, its pressed in, not ment to be removed. 2.) that sleeve is not a part that would suffer from wear and tear. what is the float valve? aluminum? save yourself from ruining you carbs and leave those brass sleeves in there. seek new float valves and float bowl gaskets. #'s 25 and 26 from the link...
I 2nd this. Also make sure you're floats aren't leaking full inside the float.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by marc0011
I 2nd this. Also make sure you're floats aren't leaking full inside the float.

happy that someone agrees with me, tho im not sure i understand what you mean by, floats leaking full inside the float?

like a hole or crack in a float? so they are filling and not rising? i think thats where your going at with it, just trying to make sure...

Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Default too late

heh, thats late, I already took those seat/sleeve out, they had some small filters inside and there was a lot of mug inside, Im looking for ones from another bike, all the floats seem to be ok, I already made a simulation with em and they float perfectly.
I hope I dont ruin my carbs , but I will keep you guys updated after I replace them. (could someone take a picture this seats to see the height?)
I will let you guys knwo what will happen after I replace them.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by COLT
heh, thats late, I already took those seat/sleeve out, they had some small filters inside and there was a lot of mug inside, Im looking for ones from another bike, all the floats seem to be ok, I already made a simulation with em and they float perfectly.
I hope I dont ruin my carbs , but I will keep you guys updated after I replace them. (could someone take a picture this seats to see the height?)
I will let you guys knwo what will happen after I replace them.

if you didnt fight to get them out, meaning causing damage or scratching/gouging/pitting the hell out of everything. you should be fine...hopefully. let us know how it works out....good or bad, lol

Old 07-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Thumbs down damn

Damn.. I changed those seats and nails, and still the same problem.. , I think I will better get a second hand carburators on ebay, since the floats are pretty expensive

Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Default problem

Hi Guys, after synchronizing the carburetors and installing the new seats and nails, now the bike idles as a brand new bike, but .... there is a problem, it revs perfectly on neutral but when I put it on gear and try to ride it , after 3k rpms it begins backfiring, and it doesnt go above 6k/rpms.

Any clues ??

Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM

what did you do in between your two posts that made a difference? cause at first you said after your work, it was still the same, and now your saying its running good cept for the backfire and not going above 6k? what did you do?

and btw. those problems still sound carb related....

Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 AM

Did you sync the carbs?

Quick Reply: Carburator problems (floats and other stuff)