CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Carburator problems (floats and other stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburator problems (floats and other stuff)

hi every one, I did a sync and clean up to my carburators because the bike was running like crap and some other issues.
now I found out that when i removed the float and float valve, there is a hole where the float valve comes out.
This hole seems to be like a copper ring wich i dont know the name, here is a picture of it:

This part is at the same level of the metal part (shouldnt this copper hole had to be a little bit higher than the metal part ?) could this be causing my floats to over flood ?

Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if that is what the fuel mixture screws adjust

Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is where the float needle sits. It's pressed in at the factory and can't be replaced like some other bikes. I was looking at the bike and you have aftermarket screws for the float bowls which is something that comes with some jet kits. What are your jet sizes? Also check the condition of your float needles. If they are cracked at all, they need to be replaced.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Default hi

Originally Posted by marc0011
That is where the float needle sits. It's pressed in at the factory and can't be replaced like some other bikes. I was looking at the bike and you have aftermarket screws for the float bowls which is something that comes with some jet kits. What are your jet sizes? Also check the condition of your float needles. If they are cracked at all, they need to be replaced.

Hi Marc, well this picture is only for reference (taken from google) , but mine do not have a jet kit. I cant believe that this part cant be replaced
are you sure about that ? in that case what should we do ?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is suppose to be a hole at the end of it where the rubber tip of the float needle seals it up. This is where the fuel enters the bowl. If you want, post a pic from your carbs. Just to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:23 PM

That part is NON replaceable and there should never be a need to replace it anyway.
Your problem is somewhere else mate.

If you let us know in detail whats happening with the bike im sure we'll be able to give you a lot more solutions.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Default hi

HOLDER, NEEDLE JET , I don't think that's the part

Well whats happening is that the bike is running like crap (it seems like its being running in 3-2 cylinders) , when I was troubleshooting the problem I noticed that when I disconnected the carburetors assembly from the engine and connect it directly to the tank , after some minutes there was gasoline filtering from the bottom gasket of the carburetor, so I guessed there is a problem with the floats (seems like they are over flooding)

Last edited by COLT; 06-25-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Oh dang that was happening to me just the other day.. The gas flowing out and all.. Can you look to see exactly where it's coming from? Where the fuel line to the carbs splits into 2 separate hoses and the connects with a T to the carbs, wiggle them up and down. My o rings were bad and let gas literally pour all over my engine.. It looked like it was pouring out my float bowls too, but the fuel was just riding down the sides of my carbs

Last edited by Speedemon636; 06-25-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Speedemon636
Oh dang that was happening to me just the other day.. The gas flowing out and all.. Can you look to see exactly where it's coming from? Where the fuel line to the carbs splits into 2 separate hoses and the connects with a T to the carbs, wiggle them up and down. My o rings were bad and let gas literally pour all over my engine.. It looked like it was pouring out my float bowls too, but the fuel was just riding down the sides of my carbs
sup dude, well I did checked and the fuel is coming directly from the floats, they are not closing and thats why they overflow. Im pretty sure that the seats should be the problem, because the float needle are in perfect conditions, but the seats have to be higher.

Im thinking on replacing those seats with ones from another bike

Quick Reply: Carburator problems (floats and other stuff)