CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Can anyone tell me what this is??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me what this is??????

Hose coming from under header on right side...

Old 04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Default RE: Can anyone tell me what this is??????

That metal box the hose is coming from is your secondary air supply system (only of cali. models), i looked in my service manual and it says it conects to the back of the air cleaner housing or the secoundary air intake port.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Thamks for the info... I have been trying to figure out if I can do away with all the cali emissions crap, but no one has a straight answer. I'm trying to get my bike running right now, but I dont want all the cali stuff... do i have to have it to run???? Thanks for the reply!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

you should be able to disconnect all the cali emission stuff and have no problems. just kinda more of a is it worth it type of thing. its not like we have to do smog checks or anything but if you live in a state where you get inspections (funny enough you dont in cali) they might make it an issue for you. basically because it something youre suposed to have and you dont.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Hi, you can remove the EVAP emmision control system no probs but you will have to swap some hoses once its out. Underneath the tank at the rear of the air box you will have a funny looking hose connector with three hoses on the left side. Remove the middle pipe (this is part of the EVAP) and swap it with the hose that is next to it towards the rear of the bike. Now the hose that you have removed which connects to the EVAP, follow this to its housing (pipe connector). Once you have found the housing, remove the pipe on the opposite side of the housing (toward the front of the bike) and slip this on the first housing you removed. Then all you need to do is remove the EVAP, which looks like a pressure regulaor and its two thinner pipes which run into the airbox. You may need to blank off some holes but essentially the main task is done. This will remove the EVAP system and it should run ok, but dont hold me to it. I've never tried it, i just know how to fiddle with things and put them back togther. haha

Hope you can follow this.