CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

bulky turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cr250r67
The body is the same on the 96 to 98 f3's. the tail, seat and taillight were the only changes to the body in 97/98. Therefore any flushmount that will fit 97/98 will also fit your 96. I have some generic flushmounts on my 96 that can be bought at almost any bike shop and they bolted right up.
i assume the once from ebay are generic as well. how does your work??

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...#ht_3576wt_937
Ok so hopefully the above is a link. These are what I have, they work well but are not as visible as the stockers but look much better.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...#ht_3576wt_937
Ok so hopefully the above is a link. These are what I have, they work well but are not as visible as the stockers but look much better.
thx...i got something similar but in LED. i should have them in about a week...

Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Those leds should be nice and bright. I thought it was funny on the ebay link above that they happened to have a sje f3 pictured. Anyway the real question have you got to ride "Violet" yet.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Those leds should be nice and bright. I thought it was funny on the ebay link above that they happened to have a sje f3 pictured. Anyway the real question have you got to ride "Violet" yet.
not yet....i have paid the guy $300 down and signed a contract.......final price is $3200 so remaining $2900 i will pay him on the 18th of this month and will ride her home if the weather allows me. if not it will wait few more days until i have a nice day. but i can not wait. days are very long and dreadful. i do go and see her every chance i get... the guy is very cool about it.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM

It will be just that much sweeter when you get to ride her after waiting so long. I'm trying right now to get this sweet KTM 300 exc by friday and im goin crazy. Anyway back to you and Violet , Thought I would mention a couple of things worth mentioning. The F3s are great and very reliable bikes but two things seem to happen to all of us eventually. First the r/r (regulator/rectifier) seems to be a weak point ive even heard of them going out in less than 10,000 miles. This will kill your battery and not charge it. Lots of people have rigged r/r's off of gsxr's among others to fix the problem or just buy another oem and risk it going out. (mines stock w 30,000 miles my fingers are crossed) but if you run into this there is a ton of info in this forum to help. The second thing is the cct (cam chain tensioner) the stock unit is operated by oil and is prone to failure. The result sounds like a tin can full of bb's rattling around in the side of the motor usually around lower rpms. THis is the cam chain making this noise from lack of tension. When it happened to me it would just seem to come and go as I was warming the bike up in the mornings before heading to work. This went on for at least a couple of months and just continued to get louder and more common. Eventually a had an extra 50 for the manual cct, basically a glorified bolt that replaces a beautiful oil presurized oem unit. But it does the job well and kills the noise. The fear of the stock unit going out is the chance of in a high rpm situation from shutting the throttle suddenly and the cct pulling back letting the chain go slack and letting the valves go out of time from the crank and pistons hitting valves . Ive never heard a actual account of this happening usually the noise is enough to make people change to a manual cct or just a new oem. To replace the cct is a simple affair and there are great walkthroughs for replacing it with the oem and manual version in this forum. Anyway thats my two cents( my wife says I can just be saying something simple and turn it into a speech sorry for rambling) I'll be hoping for good weather on the 18th enjoy that sexy F3.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

It will be just that much sweeter when you get to ride her after waiting so long. I'm trying right now to get this sweet KTM 300 exc by friday and im goin crazy. Anyway back to you and Violet , Thought I would mention a couple of things worth mentioning. The F3s are great and very reliable bikes but two things seem to happen to all of us eventually. First the r/r (regulator/rectifier) seems to be a weak point ive even heard of them going out in less than 10,000 miles. This will kill your battery and not charge it. Lots of people have rigged r/r's off of gsxr's among others to fix the problem or just buy another oem and risk it going out. (mines stock w 30,000 miles my fingers are crossed) but if you run into this there is a ton of info in this forum to help. The second thing is the cct (cam chain tensioner) the stock unit is operated by oil and is prone to failure. The result sounds like a tin can full of bb's rattling around in the side of the motor usually around lower rpms. THis is the cam chain making this noise from lack of tension. When it happened to me it would just seem to come and go as I was warming the bike up in the mornings before heading to work. This went on for at least a couple of months and just continued to get louder and more common. Eventually a had an extra 50 for the manual cct, basically a glorified bolt that replaces a beautiful oil presurized oem unit. But it does the job well and kills the noise. The fear of the stock unit going out is the chance of in a high rpm situation from shutting the throttle suddenly and the cct pulling back letting the chain go slack and letting the valves go out of time from the crank and pistons hitting valves . Ive never heard a actual account of this happening usually the noise is enough to make people change to a manual cct or just a new oem. To replace the cct is a simple affair and there are great walkthroughs for replacing it with the oem and manual version in this forum. Anyway thats my two cents( my wife says I can just be saying something simple and turn it into a speech sorry for rambling) I'll be hoping for good weather on the 18th enjoy that sexy F3.
dont worry about the speech, i enjoyed it and now i know what to do if the problems come my way. i might get the money before the 18th and get the bike sooner but im not gonna hope for that since it will make me sad if i dont get them, i set my mind on the 18th and if it comes sooner it will be a surprise. i just cant wait. i have a date with "Violet" on the 13th. i cant wait for that ether. thx for the info. always good to know more about your bike.

p.s. today i have my boss call the guy to ask him about the bike since he forgot to remove the add from cregslist. and he did tell him the bike is sold, at least hes not trying to F*** me over. thats a good sign.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

my turn signals are her.....now waiting on the integrated tail light and i will make my own plate bracket.

Name:  DSC06653.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  161.7 KB

Old 02-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Depending on how much of the original plate/turn signal plastic piece you remove you can mount the plate to bottom of the seat. There is a flat piece that is the perfect width to mount the plate to. Just got to drill some holes in it and bolt it up. It puts the plate up in the tail and gives it a very clean look. The only problem I have had is when my half mile dirt driveway gets muddy the rear tire throws mud on the plate. I usually just stop at the end of the road after slinging all the mud off the tire and wipe the plate.

Attached Thumbnails bulky turn signals-imgp0958.jpg   bulky turn signals-imgp0961.jpg  
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Depending on how much of the original plate/turn signal plastic piece you remove you can mount the plate to bottom of the seat. There is a flat piece that is the perfect width to mount the plate to. Just got to drill some holes in it and bolt it up. It puts the plate up in the tail and gives it a very clean look. The only problem I have had is when my half mile dirt driveway gets muddy the rear tire throws mud on the plate. I usually just stop at the end of the road after slinging all the mud off the tire and wipe the plate.

plan is not to drill any holes. i wanna keep it as original as possible. ill just make a bracket myself......it shouldnt be too hard.... i just looked at the bike closely today and it looks easy enough. ill have the bike home this week sometimes. so ill be able to play with it a little.

i have noticed on the posts that switching fronts and rears to LED will make them work properly so ill just wait till my tail comes in to change the turning signals.

Quick Reply: bulky turn signals