CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

bogging at speed..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bogging at speed..

so i took a little spill last week and decided to take off the fairings and go with a little street fighter look. so i took off the front fairing stay bracket and everything that came along with it. i remounted the headlight to the forks and reconnected all the wiring and whatnot. i also removed the hose that comes from the left middle of the bike up the frame and then splits into two hoses that point forward up front with little intake fan lookin things.

so now i start the bike, warm it up, everythings fine, idles fine, but as soon as i get up to a decent speed say 20 or 30 miles an hour it starts to bog down and if i give it gas it just gets worse. doesn't matter what gear or RPM. it'll rev all the way up fine in neutral, but if i'm moving it just bogs, and i can go about 20 in first, or 20 in second, and so on. if i shift, then it just holds me down at a lower RPM, it won't even go back to the RPM i was at in the last gear. so even if i shift to sixth, i can't get above 20 or 30 mph.

so i have two thoughts. one would be that i did pull on the choke cable a little much when i was moving things around. if i had pulled to hard let's say and the choke was now being held open somehow, would that cause this problem? and the other, is the hose i removed. i'm not too familiar with the bike, but it didn't seem like was doing anything but redirecting a tiny little bit of air back to some little valve. is that hose the reason it's bogging, do those hoses need to point forward in order to force air into that valve at speed? help me out here, i need to get to work on this thing tomorrow...

Old 11-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bogging at speed..

NEVERMIND! man i feel dumb, i went and hooked that hose up again and boom, ran fine. i guess that little bit of air controls a pretty important valve. anyway, yeah, it's all good.