CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

bar ends ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bar ends ???

ok i just bought some bar ends and i need to know are they suppose to move with the trottle, if so how do i make it easier for the trottle to reset back when i let go.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Default RE: bar ends ???

the bar ends have nothing to do with the throttle, they are meant to reduce vibrations in the handlebars.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if they are on too tight the throttle will not snap back as easy and will feel like its sticking

Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 AM

When I put some cheap ones on from Ebay, I had to cut about 1/8" to 1/4" off the end of the grip so that it would quit catching on the bar end. After all that that same bar end fell off some weeks ago, POS.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM

The bar ends are there to protect the throttle tube and clip-on end when you crash. The throttle side doesn't have to be tightened down all the way. Just make sure that you use thread locker or it'll vibrate out.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 AM

Listen to Triax. The bar ends are there to stop vibrations or reduce them in the handle bars. All you need to do is slide the bar end into the bars and leave a gap of around 1 to 2 mm this will allow for the rubber grip to stretch and not touch the bar end, tighten it up and test it by blipping the throttle to see if it returns straight away. If not, try again. Unfortunately as every bike is different you will just need to keep trying, its all trial and error. Once the bar end is fitted and tightened, try to pull it off. If it stays on then great, if not its POS as Northernfirepower says. Once its on, if you still get vibrations you'll need different ones if you want to get rid of them, otherwise you'll have to decide on looks or functionality.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:54 PM

when i was changing my bar ends, i removed the throttle side and the nut and a rubber spacer fell out, but when i removed the old bar end from the other side the nut stayed in about 5 mm's and there was no rubber spacer. Now when i put my new ends on there, the throttle side doesnt stay in because the nut just falls out with the bar end, and the left side has like a 5mm gap between the grip and the bar end....is this normal??

Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 AM

get some quick lok paste it on the threadsi had to slit my throttle body the white plastic thingy cause when i went to put on new grips i was using glue n it got under it **** stuck to the handle bar n would not snap back so i slit it to a point then cleaned the glue. then i put on a bar end n vibrations caused it to fall out after some time less than a month i put the quick lok n never looked back now anytime i remove a bolt or screw i put quik lock cause my d&d causes the bike to vibrate alot .i need a new exhaust anybody wanna buy a chrome d&d pipe ?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a weight that is inside the handle bar which is held in place with two rubber garments. I had a similar issue with the OEM bar ends rubbing my throttle to the point of being cruise control. If you put in a bolt that matches the threads of the inner bar weight, you can pull it out to a point where the weight will not rub the grip. Sometimes the weight can be stuck, I used some soap and a small flywheel puller to get them to move. After you get the weight pulled out some, just tap in the weight on the bolt head to a depth where the bar end doesn't rub the grip.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:19 AM

I just installed some ebay "carbon fiber inlay" bar ends on my f3. the throttle would stick using the bolts that were provided, so I ended up using the stock bolts and added a washer to make sure there was clearance between the throttle and the bar end. the throttle moves freely now and the new bar ends look mint on there.

Quick Reply: bar ends ???