CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Almost done, a few more hours!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, i didnt even notice the levers at first.. but they are sexy, it all flows together so well. good stuff man

Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 AM

As someone has just fitted fairings - I've just bought a set from parts4bike on eBay - they promise they need no adjustment whatsoever (lol) anyway, have two problems so far - 1- the front cowl tabs once up on the faiting stay don't meet up - there's about a 1cm gap top, beneath head light and around the bottom air induction but..ideas to fix this? Second, the rears - I can line up the pop bits well, however when I do this it is out by about a cm on the rear...do I need to break the pop in bits and aryldite them 1cm along?

Or should I be cheeky and gp back to parts4bike..they do advertise no fitting necessary whatsoever!:-p

Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

Nice looking ride bro! I thought about buying those bladed levers too haha. Also like what you did with the Monster can, I've seen that a few times before, how did you get it to stick?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mathieu Wilson
As someone has just fitted fairings - I've just bought a set from parts4bike on eBay - they promise they need no adjustment whatsoever (lol) anyway, have two problems so far - 1- the front cowl tabs once up on the faiting stay don't meet up - there's about a 1cm gap top, beneath head light and around the bottom air induction but..ideas to fix this? Second, the rears - I can line up the pop bits well, however when I do this it is out by about a cm on the rear...do I need to break the pop in bits and aryldite them 1cm along?

Or should I be cheeky and gp back to parts4bike..they do advertise no fitting necessary whatsoever!:-p

the problem is probably not the tabs that line up, its where you screwed it into the frame, its most likely stretched back too far spreading the front apart.

This happened to me, i had to use a router or a drill bit and "drag" the frame holes back about 1cm or so, thus allowing the front to snug up and fit properly.

Just cause the plastic will let you stretch it, that doesnt mean you should, everything should just sit natural, and you make and adjust new holes to allow it.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wolzio
Nice looking ride bro! I thought about buying those bladed levers too haha. Also like what you did with the Monster can, I've seen that a few times before, how did you get it to stick?

Took 10min, SUPER EASY and cool i think.

You cut the top and bottom of can off.

You cut it down middle to make it split

You size it to the shock tube and clean cut the top and bottom to fit

You place it over and use the orignial clamp to hold it in. Done!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx
Took 10min, SUPER EASY and cool i think.

You cut the top and bottom of can off.

You cut it down middle to make it split

You size it to the shock tube and clean cut the top and bottom to fit

You place it over and use the orignial clamp to hold it in. Done!

Really appreciate you taking the time out to help with that.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx
the problem is probably not the tabs that line up, its where you screwed it into the frame, its most likely stretched back too far spreading the front apart.

This happened to me, i had to use a router or a drill bit and "drag" the frame holes back about 1cm or so, thus allowing the front to snug up and fit properly.

Just cause the plastic will let you stretch it, that doesnt mean you should, everything should just sit natural, and you make and adjust new holes to allow it.
Okay sweet, my Concern with the front is that if I elongate the mirror
Mount holes in the fairing that the whole headlight position might become a problem? Has anyone ever tried epoxying the whole front together then putting it on?

The other problem I had is the headlight was hitting the connecters second in from the right (when looking straight on at the bike (? I think it was for either indicator or lights hi low beam? Big white block one)..any idea why this might be happening?

Also, is it just because I have an f2 radiator, or do the inside
Panel bits that are inside the front cowl and head back towards the radiator and have the indicator mounts on them get stuck on the radiator itself? I can't figure out where the bit that juts out towards the radiator is supposed to sit?

On the positive side almost all fairings are on the bike -last question what ds you do about indicators? I have mini ones but there seems to be a random sized hole in the Chinese ones - doesn't look like it would line up with stock ones anyway? Could anyone recommend any particular aftermarket ones that are able to attach to that inner fairing panel and cover up the hole? At the moment I've just sandwiched the fairing between two bits of solid black plastic and bolted the indicator to it.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 PM

jeez mathieu, this is hard to say. I imagine each kit is slightly different and presents its own chalanges... however Im sure you will be able to work throgh it, take your time man!

Mine took me all winter to make it nice, so dont expect 2 afternoons and your done... no no no.

Also, I wouldnt recomend you expoy the whole front end to a solid piece that sounds like a lot of trouble in the future.