CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Aftermarket mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those racing mirrors you posted the ebay link to are the ones that i had bought that vibrated too much. they are made of plastic, so i didnt want to tighten the bolts down any tighter since i felt that they would break. i dropped my bike and the mirror snapped right off at the base, unlike the factory ones that just bend in if your bike gets tipped over.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:17 PM

Any idea if 600rr mirrors will fit on an f3? Looking to upgrade mine.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:28 PM

I'll go out and take close ups if you'd like but you can see them pretty well in these two

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket mirrors?-bike-gas.jpg   Aftermarket mirrors?-bikex.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by baxter1
those racing mirrors you posted the ebay link to are the ones that i had bought that vibrated too much. they are made of plastic, so i didnt want to tighten the bolts down any tighter since i felt that they would break. i dropped my bike and the mirror snapped right off at the base, unlike the factory ones that just bend in if your bike gets tipped over.
I dropped my bike with original mirrors and had one crack, so they don't bend in all the time. Granted I'd rather have the original mirrors but they are way more expensive then just buying the aftermarket ones, which I haven't had much problems with.

If you buy the aftermaket ones make sure you tighten them enough or they will fold down at highway speeds

Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig84
I dropped my bike with original mirrors and had one crack, so they don't bend in all the time. Granted I'd rather have the original mirrors but they are way more expensive then just buying the aftermarket ones, which I haven't had much problems with.

If you buy the aftermaket ones make sure you tighten them enough or they will fold down at highway speeds

not true. when I was in the market to replace my mirrors I found a site that had replacements for around $30-40. This was months ago so I don't remember the site but it's on these forums somewhere under one of my posts.

I, too, picked up a set of those mirrors on Ebay you all are talking about. (prior to getting the stock looking ones) I didn't like how there was no cover for the bolt heads where they meet the upper fairing. Just my two cents though...

Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 PM

i actually recieved a pair of the black aftermarket mirrors today from the link that was given in this post earlier. this is my second set of them. im gonna fiddle around with them and get them to work this time. maybe reusing the rubber washer from the oem's that sits between the fairing and the mounting bracket for the mirror will help. although it will have the be cut to hide behind the bracket since they are different shapes.

ill post up pictures of how they look and how they function. but first i have to get these fairings that ive been waiting over a month for : (

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 AM

Depends on if you are looking for "aftermarket look" or working mirrors

My mirror broke off, i went and got mirror block offs and rode without them for a while.
Then i got pulled over and told to put mirros on so i went and bought "pig spotters"

while looking really cool and such with l.e.d. signals but as mirrors they are completely uselsess.

so its the best of both worlds for me, cops think i have usefull mirrors, i think my bike looks cool. win win.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Just to say if you are looking for a better looking mirror and still have your stock ones, just take the boot off, with a little soap and strength you can get them off. Then just paint the stems flat black and they look great.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM

pig spotters? are those bar end mirrors you are referring to?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 PM

I still sell my extendables, they will fit in the stock mounts. slikdesignsusa.com

Quick Reply: Aftermarket mirrors?