CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

96 CBR600F3 Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 CBR600F3 Headlight

Greetings! I just bought my brother in laws 1996 CBR600F3 for $300.00. It has sit in his garage for 2 years.. Without a drained gas tank or motor oil. When I go to turn it over.. It won't fire up. It cranks fine and I covered the exhaust with my hand and there is compression. Could a can of Starter fliud help in this situation (with new gas and oil)? Also, It does not have a headlight on the faring. He mentioned it was a stunt bike and that there was no need for a headlight. I have found farings but for some reason, cannot locate the headlight. I've googled untill my fingers have about fallen off. Could someone please point me in the right direction in finding a used or new one? Thanks for reading this. I'm new to the CBR Forums, so please.. be gentle with me on your answer to this post. Happy CBR'ing!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As well as new oil & petrol I'd be throwing in a new set of plugs (or at the very least taking them out for a look at & clean) Your most likely going to have lots of gummed up crap in the carbies, along with old fuel. Some of the guys here recommended a product called Sea Foam in with new petrol. We don't get that here so can't say yes or no.
Isn't starter fluid usually something you prime directly into the carbies? (sometimes air intake or through air filter)
Australian Version: We may not be classy but we're literal.
Name:  syb350.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  7.7 KB

You can get access to the carbies by removing the tank & air filter (since you're going to be throwing away & flushing the tank anyway, making sure its not full of crud!!) Maybe what you're talking about is another product we don't get. As for the headlight, maybe ebay or a bike wreckers, worse comes to worse, price a new one.
Good luck.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look in the classified section.......bottom of the main page......
Iceman may have what you need - send him a PM
and BTW next time when you need something, put it in the wanteds please.
Gentle enough for you ?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pacemaker and Shadow, I really appreciate the help! Sorry about posting in the wrong area of the forums. I'll know better next time! I've recieved a few PM's already with some offers about a headlight! (Shadow, that was very gentle! Thanks buddy)

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW - if you need a workshop manual go to
www.stephygee.com
free download.

also
www.mrcycles.com
All the fiches, part no's and prices.

Good luck with it.