CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

96 600 f3 NEW need help! Front Forks / Headlight questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 96 600 f3 NEW need help! Front Forks / Headlight questions

New to the site and street bike world, I used to race 250 motocross and recently found a 96 f3 that was really cheap (900). Brand new motor and paint job but got dropped out of a truck and bent the front forks pretty badly. The triple tree and everything else is fine just the front forks damage that makes it unridable. I know the f3 forks have a lot of internal parts to them so my question is if I can just replace the bent tube and be safe to ride as well as any years/ models that interchange with my bike? An for the headlight question; I prefer the 2 seperate headlight look to the single light. Is there any kits or interchangeable headlights that could be put on my bike since my current headlight is busted as well. Thanks for the help any info would be great!!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Akillez
New to the site and street bike world, I used to race 250 motocross and recently found a 96 f3 that was really cheap (900). Brand new motor and paint job but got dropped out of a truck and bent the front forks pretty badly. The triple tree and everything else is fine just the front forks damage that makes it unridable. I know the f3 forks have a lot of internal parts to them so my question is if I can just replace the bent tube and be safe to ride as well as any years/ models that interchange with my bike? An for the headlight question; I prefer the 2 seperate headlight look to the single light. Is there any kits or interchangeable headlights that could be put on my bike since my current headlight is busted as well. Thanks for the help any info would be great!!
welcome to the forum! first order of business though, (not intending to sound like a d%&#...) But, there is a search feature to the right on the header. Using it can lead you to countless amounts of information on virtually every possible situation that could occur to our bikes! I invite you to check it out. chances are, that what your asking about has already been covered..

as far as the forks, there really is not too much inside of them. search out a post for changing the "fork seals" and you will see the breakdown and build of them.. if you are able to find straight uppers, you could technically just swap them out with the bent ones, but that will all depend on if the internal dampers/springs and whatnot made it out alive, you wont be able to tell that until you break them down unfortunately. (even if they were only slightly bent, i would advice AGAINST using them) as for interchangeability, again, search! but i believe f2 forks can be put on, but it would be a downgrade in technology. and you may need to also switch the axle, wheel, rotors, and calipers..not positive though..

as for the double lights, search out f4i faring swap. it is not a straight forward (bolt on) swap. you will need to modify!

Old 06-09-2012, 05:00 PM

i bought a wrecked F3 a while ago, and it came with a straight set of F2 forks...if you get F2 forks, everything will bolt up EXCEPT for the brake calipers/discs, which is the problem i had... there's a ton of swap threads on here

i did a 954 swap on mine because i had no intention of keeping things stock

Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM

how many modifications did you have to make to get the 954 front end on and what all did you have to have to make it work? Im having no luck at all finding a f3 front end so i gotta figure something out so i can fix it! im dying to ride! haha