CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

This is why i dont get my hopes up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is why i dont get my hopes up.

So for anyone who didnt read my first post on this forum about the 600 f2 project i had goin along I'll fill you in

i go to a technical high school its my senior year and for my senior project I had a bike that was wrecked 11 years ago by a friend of my teachers it was a 91 cbr 600 f2. It had subframe damage and all of the plastics were trashed swingarm was bent and it had a transmission problem. Added to that it spun a rod bearing which I figured out when I was rebuilding the engine. So I fully rebuilt the engine all new seals bearings a new shift drum, I race cut the gears to fix the tranny problem and put in a new clutch and timing chain.

After the engine was rebuilt and in tip top shape again I had it running for the first time in 11 years and it sounded great.

So then I moved onto the frame and swingarm fixed and replaced everything.

In the beginning of all of this the guy dropped off multiple boxes of parts and said you get it running and able to drive its yours so I was pumped.

But long story short I'm not getting the bike anymore the guy fell in love with it after the work I did and is not either keeping it or selling it for $2000. So I can't get it.

Don't get me wrong though I'm not some spoiled high school kid that gets everything handed to him I pay for mostly anything and everything I get myself I was taught at a young age to work the the things I want. It was just disappointed to basically have the bike i built from the ground up be taken away so Fast. So now I'm in the market to buy one. Oh well, my rants done now thanks to anyone who read my short novel hahah. If i can get the pics off my other phone ill upload them.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 PM

sorry to hear that p.o.s. did that. we live and learn though, ive had it done to me before.

use that experiance in a good way. go buy a wrecked bike for next to nothing and fix it up for dirt cheap.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM

Yeah i know but it happens i guess. And I found a 93 for 2000obo that just needs plastics but I can live with that cause that could turn into a street fighter build. Is 35k miles alot for these bikes? I mean I know its a Honda and I have the knowhow to rebuild it but I don't completely have the money to do it. I can put up the craigslist link not sure if that's aloud on this forum though? A few others don't allow it.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

We don't need the link.

35k is not that bad, as long as it had oil in it the entire time.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 PM

Yeah, maybe I'll offer him like 1200 and work the way up since its matte black and the plastics are scratched up and the miles

Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Offer him even less. Those bikes can be had for $800 in that shape, $1000 at the most.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM

alright i'll keep that in mind, thanks.

i just figured 1200 cause i see them all over the place for more then that.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine with a spare motor and no plastics for 850. He was asking 1500. People drop quickly when you remind them how much a new set of plastics is going to run you ( i bought a full used set for $200)

Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 PM

If your going to turn it into a street fighter I suggest chopping the rear of the frame where the seat connects to. I chopped mine just where the the lower and upper frame joins just rear of the welds. It will look a little goofy if you leave the frame full size because without the fairing or any other body components the bike seems to look longer than it should. The rear of the frame on my bike comes out to about the middle of the rear tire and it looks sick. Here is a pic, I know its dirty and looks terrible right now but I am in the middle of fixing a fuel leak issue at the petcock.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Str33tFight3r
If your going to turn it into a street fighter I suggest chopping the rear of the frame where the seat connects to. I chopped mine just where the the lower and upper frame joins just rear of the welds. It will look a little goofy if you leave the frame full size because without the fairing or any other body components the bike seems to look longer than it should. The rear of the frame on my bike comes out to about the middle of the rear tire and it looks sick. Here is a pic, I know its dirty and looks terrible right now but I am in the middle of fixing a fuel leak issue at the petcock.

this is what i was planning on doing but I gonna keep it a little longer so I could get a ducati seat on there. (I drive passengers somewhat frequently)

Quick Reply: This is why i dont get my hopes up.