CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelie?

What's up guys been a while since I been on here since my accident. Went down in april not so fun.. anyways I'm back to riding thank God and well since then its as if I supppose I forgot or I'm just to scared to give it throttle but I cant wheelie like before. Anyone here wheelie their F2? Cluthpop.. I used to do it on first go up to about 4-6krpm and rev and pop the clutch but not sure what it is I can't stand it up anymore. For anyone here thinking "blah thats a dumb idea" "you're an idiot" I don't care if you've never wheelied just don't even comment

Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, mine is too finicky to keep the front wheel down. Yoshi race pipes, stage 4 or 5 jet kit, 1/5th throttle tube and fox twin clicker rear shock will bring mine up a foot on hard take off. Gets scary that I don't have a steering dampener on mine, so I have to lightly bring it down without a tank slapper.
I did some years ago 3 blocks of a wheelie on a highway till I starved the carb bowls of fuel and took ten minutes to start the b!tch back up again. Remedied that with the F3 fuel pump and harness. She is a Screamer!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I definitely don't try to wheelie my F2 - without USD forks, it's just too hard on the fork seals, but there are rare occasions, where I end up with one and go ahead and ride it out a bit, cuz it is fun!
Anyway, I have to fight to keep the front wheel down, so I can't imagine not being able to do it on purpose... maybe you're starting to get down on power? Or maybe it's just psychological, since your crash - maybe something is "subconsciously" holding you back?

By the way, glad you're back on the road!

Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@JNSRacing what do you mean fighting to keep the front wheel down? I want mine off the ground haha! But honestly I really think it might be subconcious like you said. And what a shame bro those mirrors I bought from you they broke on my fall :/ I just ended up throwing mirror caps on lol

Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_Arango
@JNSRacing what do you mean fighting to keep the front wheel down? I want mine off the ground haha!
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! Like I said, it's brutal on the forks and seals on these "more flexible" traditional forks, besides, wheel up in the front means slower lap times!

Anyway, as I mentioned sometimes I'm "in the hooligan mood", and when one catches me out, I pull on up, and ride it out a smidge, but it's just not something I'm trying to do.

Originally Posted by USMC_Arango
And what a shame bro those mirrors I bought from you they broke on my fall :/ I just ended up throwing mirror caps on lol
Ahh yeah, that's right, I forgot I sold those to you - yeah, that is a shame, they were brand new... what happened anyway, I didn't read anything about you having a crash?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! Like I said, it's brutal on the forks and seals on these "more flexible" traditional forks, besides, wheel up in the front means slower lap times!

That is very true no matter what your weight is. I blew 2 sets of forks seals just hitting the twisties hard in one season, let alone wheelies. My Gsxr inverted fork swap fixed that problem.