CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

well it wont work.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well it wont work.

ok, the other day i took the gas tank off to get to the airbox i hooked the fuel lines back up the way they came and i rode the bike right afterwards no problem, rode the bike the next day still no problem. i rode the bike yesterday got to work and a guy came in and said it was leakin gas, i went out and turn the gas off so it would stop leaking didnt have time to look to see where it was leaking from. At break i went out and turned the gas back on No leak so i tryed to start the bike it wouldnt start turned the gas back off it started ran fine. well when i got off work i tryed to ride it home ran fine for about 10miles then started cutting out, had to turn the choke on all the way to get to a place to pull over. today the bike starts fine but wont run more than 10ish miles and it does the same. ANY ideas on whats goin on???

Old 09-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Fuel line or vacuum hose not connected properly and leaking? Petcock not tightly connected to gas tank?

Old 09-25-2010, 07:37 AM

ok so all the lines are good the bike turns on now but it has NO!!! power and wont run without choke any ideas. please help before i ride this thing off a cliff ,I mean push it off.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 PM

Where was it leaking gas from?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Didn't have time to look when it was leaking I was at work just had time run out and shut off gas. Now it's not leaking and it will crank but it won't rev and acts like the motor isn't running right, just put in new plugs and changed the oil, it was just about all gas when I took the drain plug out. Soo idont know what to do now Im pretty much f/!&$!. Unless y'all can help.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 PM

your name says you have an f2. They have a vacuum operated petcock. The diaphragm can fail or the switch internals wont seal. Mine did. You can replace it with an F3 non-vac petcock (cheaper). You have to cap the vac line from #1 cylinder if you do.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 AM

well i changed the spark plugs and the oil which was mostly gas and now its running but there seems to be a little throttle stumble when i change from 1st to 2nd.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fuel in your oil isn't a good thing - sounds like you've got something pretty fouled up - but I can't think of what it would be at this point in the morning. Kinda sounds like you're what we called "blubberin rich" in the 2-cycle RC airplane world.

After coffee if anything comes to me, I'll let u know.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you might have a stuck float or needle seat isnt sealing..

Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 PM

i think the motor flooded because i had taken the tank off and when i put it back on i bend the vent hose so pressure was bulidin in the tank, which i think cause the gas leak and i think it forced gas in to the motor i maybe wrong but i fixed the hose and it doesnt leak now it just has that thorttle stumble now that ive got it back running

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: well it wont work.