CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Waterfall

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterfall

Ok. I got the bike running and syncd. I think. At first, it would only run with the choke on full. So I called a friend and he asked me to pull and clean the pilot jets. So I did. After that it ran without choke. Good, right? Well, now the problem is, that when the fuel **** is set to off, it's ok. But when the fuel **** is set to on, or reserve, the fuel overflows like a waterfall. The floats are working (that is they move freely) but I don't know about the closing needles. Could there be any other reason why the fuel overflows so profusely? And by the way, are the pilots and main jets supposed to be screwed in all the way? Need help here.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Default RE: Waterfall

Has anyone ever taken their carbs completely apart and put them back together?
Does the f2 stock carb have any other jets eg. air jets besides the main #135 and pilot #38 fuel jets? I can't find any. Is there a site that explains the workings of the stock f2 carb?
I have found the source of the fuel leak. On the top of the carbs, after removing the venturi there are 4 small brass pipes sticking up. The fuel is coming out of the middle pipe which has something to do with the slide needle. When I pull on the slide, the fuel will stop spouting from the brass thing, but goes straight down the neck of the carb and into the valve chamber. Now I have two chambers full of gas!! Could anyone give me some suggestions on what could be the problem. The floats are not stuck and the float needles(the rubber conical part on top) look good. Also should the fuel **** let fuel through when vacuum is applied, but set to off?

malaysia

Old 12-21-2004, 04:15 AM

It would be the flaoters usaly that do that. You also my want to check you oil because on f2 if the flaots are off on the carb gas will leaks down in to the oil. yes they have a air jet is a small jet. it the one that sit lower down out of the 3 little one. sorry i dont have a pic. but i would check the flaots first. the flaots is what stop fuel getting in to the carbs or not. i had a web site for carbs but im looking for it good luck man. not sure if it the floats but you may want to check them out.

Nipz~

Old 12-21-2004, 04:26 AM

http://www.dansmc.com/carbs.htm

http://www.dansmc.com/carbs2.htm

check that link out explains alot.