CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   Torque specs for clutch lifter bolts please (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/torque-specs-clutch-lifter-bolts-please-152674/)

underground-mpyre 09-02-2014 05:51 PM

Torque specs for clutch lifter bolts please

I have the service manual and no where does it say anything on what the torque specs are for the clutch lifter basket, does anybody know?

It is the 4 bolts that hold the clutch springs to the basket if that helps. I need this in foot pounds please(ft. lbs.)

Conrice 09-02-2014 07:07 PM

I doubt it's very much.

On a cbr954 - it's 9 ft/lbs. 5 Bolts though... So with that said, yours would may be a bit higher as I'm sure you have a slightly bigger spring only using 4 bolts.

I'm sure someone will come along soon that has actually done it on an F2. The main thing is keeping it equal among all the bolts. Do the star rotation a few times to make sure everything is even.

underground-mpyre 09-03-2014 06:37 AM

Do I tighten all the way down till they are snug? All it says is to tighten in a pattern.

JNSRacing 09-03-2014 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by underground-mpyre (Post 1280219)
Do I tighten all the way down till they are snug? All it says is to tighten in a pattern.

The key is tightening them evenly - it's kind of a time consuming process, due to the springs.
I don't remember if my Haynes manual had a torque spec for those bolts or not, but if it did, I would have used it, as I do believe in following manufacturer recommendations for torque values... if not, I would have tightened them quite snug, without going crazy.

I'll check my Haynes and Clymer manuals during lunch, and get back with you this afternoon.

underground-mpyre 09-03-2014 09:30 AM

Thanks JNS.

I did the rotation pattern and got them snug with some Locktight. I just didn't know how tight to go to finish the pattern. I appreciate the help. Nothing sucks more than not being able to get to or fix anything on the side of the road like the clutch.

Conrice 09-03-2014 10:51 AM

Just remember, the tighter you go, the more pre-loaded those springs are, thus the "heavier" the clutch pull is going to be.

underground-mpyre 09-03-2014 11:10 AM

So back them off a little bit is what you are saying?

Conrice 09-03-2014 12:22 PM

Just make sure they're not too tight to where you can't use your clutch comfortably.

JNSRacing 09-03-2014 02:45 PM

Well Seth, as I thought, there were no torque specs in any of the three manuals... I just put in a new clutch a couple of months ago, so you would think I would've readily recalled that fact, but it took some time for the job to "all come back to me". :D

So anyway, just tighten them well, but don't "gorilla" it, and you'll be fine - the bolts will just run out of thread, so the difference between just-right tight and too tight aren't going to make any difference in your clutch action, you just want to make sure don't damage the threads, or risk breaking off a bolt! :o :icon_errrr:

underground-mpyre 09-03-2014 02:59 PM

I believe that is right where I am at on them with some Locktite. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks for your and everyone else's help.