CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Thinking about selling.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about selling.....

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about selling my F2 (purchased in late Aug 07) because there is a guy I know that is selling his 2003 F4i and I would like to have a newer model CBR. I would like to know what I can ask and expect to get for my 1994 CBRF2. I made an introduction post in the "new member" forum back on October that has some pictures of my F2. I would really appreciate it if some of you could give me some feedback on what I can ask and get for it. I have added the stock seat and still have the Corbin seat for it. I also have installed a new KG Clutch Factory Kevlar clutch and springs, changed the fluids (Oil, filter, brake fluid), have a swing arm lift for it, I purchased an APE Manual CCT but have not installed it yet and I have also purchased a new Smoke Tint Windscreen that I have not installed yet. I would include all of these extras in the sale. Here is the link with some pictures:

https://cbrforum.com/m_401894/tm.htm

I would appreciate anysuggestions you guys can offer.

Thanks!
P

Old 01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Default RE: Thinking about selling.....

Others may tell you different, but I would take those extras and sell them seperately.

If the original CCT isn't messed up or broken, then sell that new one. If the original needs to be replaced, do it now. Nothing worse than having someone look at a bike and either hearing that nasty **** noise, or being told their potentially new bike needs immediate work.

I would keep the stock seat on there unless it's ripped and sell the other seperately. You'll get more money for it that way vs trying to throw everything in.

The bike overall looks very nice in the pictures, but they aren't all that great. Make sure you take a lot of pictures in some sunlight without reflections. there is nothing worse than trying to see visually what a bike looks like and someone took pictures that you can hardly look at.

Good luck on the sale as if in top condition, you will get at least a few grand for it IMHO, unless it has been wrecked in the past.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike nailed it, if the CCT rattles put the APE in - it'll take you 20 minutes but could be what sells the bike (the rattle is a serious turn off for buyers)

Ebay off the corbin seat, (what's a swingarm lift?) anyway- sell that too, the windscreen is a tossup because your stock one is purple and personally I wouldn't want a purple windscreen.

Pricing for bikes where I live is whacked, so I cant help you with that, but just keep it spotlessly clean for when people come to see it and use websites like craigslist.com to advertise it (newspaper ads suck).

Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Thanks for your reply! The F2 is in top condition in my opinion. I'll take better picures of it and post them. The bike has never been wrecked or dropped, the guy I bought it from was an older guy in his 50's and he was kinda scared of it, he owns a local sign company in town and has a lot of grown up toys so he took good care of the bike. The stock CCT works andI bought the APE one because of reading all the posts here about them. The seat is in perfect condition also and the swingarm lift is a swingarm stand. I guess I should have been more clear about that. It's a Gorilla Swing Arm Stand. Someone posted a link to it here on the forums and I decided to buy one and it works great. I was hoping to ask $3,000 for the F2, what do you guys think is that ok to ask?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM

Sell the stand seperately, you'll get more than giving it away with the bike right

3 G's is about what it's worth where I live, in Canada, but prices are insanely high here for older bikes.

What's the mileage?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 PM

That is the only thing that I think is a little bad about the bike...... it hasalmost 28,500 miles on it. That's why I'm wondering what I can expect to get for it and what I should ask?

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:55 PM

3 grand if it's clean and the tires are in good shape.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM

I agree w/ 3K. I paid 2k for mine, and it wasn't as good condition as yours!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the Replys! Bike is as clean as I can get it, Tires are practically new, front has about 80% left and back tire is brand new. The deal when I bought was that he had to put a new back tire on it and he did.

So then.... My F2 is officially for sale if anyone is interested, PM me.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM

P.S.

Dont tell people you need to get as much as you can so that you can buy a new bike.

Leave the reasoning for your price purely related to the condition and value of the bike.

It looks really bad when you say "I need $x.xxso I can pay off my visa/new bike/alimony/whatever"

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling.....