CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

studders at low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default studders at low rpms

My bike is studdering or hesitating at lower rpms. what could be the cause and what is the fix of this? anyone with ideas would be great. thanks!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Default RE: studders at low rpms

Is the fuel sytem stock or jetted? air filter stock or K&N? Need more details to help...but your evidence of exactly what is wrong can prolly be uncovered by pulling out the plugs and checking for any kind of fouling. That is where I like to begin troubleshooting.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:31 PM

same prob here, the plugs are perfect and i have cleaned the carbs 3 times and been through everything in the manual for the checklist.. the only 2 things left that i havent done is carb synch and the valves.. mine ONLY does it from 1,500 to 3,000 when leaving a light or taking off from a stop...

i talked to a shop and he said that it sounds like a float out of whack or a needle not seating properly..

Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Mine runs a lil rough under 4k. Anything above 4k it purrrrs.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I can think of is:
[ul][*]Jets are still partially clogged[*]Synch carbs[*]Idle adjustments[*]Something wrong with cdi? Stator? Wiring? Air intake?
[/ul]

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM

mine does the same until 3K. i just thought it was normal for our bikes

Old 06-20-2008, 06:03 AM

nah, mine used to be smooth all the way to redline and then this popped up and it sucks.

but the good thing is that if you have been driving like that and get it fixed it will feel like a brand new bike and have a lot more power...

Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 AM

Mine was doing that too. Changed the plugs, but no change in the miss. Ran much smoother as far as acceleration, but the miss was still there. I was told to clean and sync the carbs when I polled this site. I decided to put it off as I can still ride with a miss. Well the time before i lastI rode I was on the interstate cruising 80-85 when all the sudden dead stick.....no throttle. Damn I had to dive for the emergency lane before Joe car rider behind drove through my tail pipe. I sat there screwed with the petcock and what do you know fired right up and ran like before so offto work I went.I rode it like taht until my next fuel up. Thinking there was just trash in the line I continued to ride and what do you know, Im tooling down the interestate going to work when I notice the bike bogging down. I immediatley went for the slow lane when you guessed it no throttle response. As Im coasting down the emergency lane dodging debree Im wiggling the **** put of the petcock valve. No luck this go around. After it sits for a second or tw it runs and then acts like its running out of gas. I assume at this point its a petcock problem and start thinking about a post on here about a 93 petcock swap out in order to bypass the vacuum that the 92's use for fuel delivery. After work I fire up the bike for the ride home. It runs the same as it did before all theprior problems and I assume the ride home will be uneventful. No Such Luck! IM going home when about three miles into it here she goes losing power. I just clutch it and it stays running at idle. After a few seconds full power for a minute then boggs down again. half way home I notice it starts running on three cylinders. This was the longest ride home I have ever had. Now I went from a miss below 5k to a running out of gas feeling to running on three cylinders. I have already changed the plugs and when it sits and seems to pool some gas in the carbs seems to have full power. My next adventure is to pull the carbs down and clean them. I have ordered a synchronizing tool so that will be down when I install the clean carbs. I also bought am A.P.E manual cam tensioner that I will install while Im down and if that dont fix it Im going to have one HELL of a bon-fire.

Thats where my little miss under 5k left me. My suggestion is to look into it asap before you get on the interstate and have to deal with th hassle of dodging four wheelers and debree, neaither of which give a **** about you or your bike.

Good luck buddy![:@]

Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM

i was tought if you ever take the carbs off you should sync them (i would buy my own vacuum sync gauge) esp since you cleaned the carbs..

Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM

i had same problem around 5-6k threw some seafoam in and it went away

Quick Reply: studders at low rpms