CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

streetfighter input/advice...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default streetfighter input/advice...?

I rashed my fairings up on my f2 awhile back, and Im entertaining ideas of turning it into a renegade bada** bike. I'll include pictures of what it looks like with the fairings on (i dont have any updated ones of the rash) This is my first bike so I dont have any experience with starting these things, but here are some of my ideas. Feel free to pitch me any and give me your input please!

My bike has a rear fender eliminator kit and an integrated tail light that I would probably keep.

I like the bigger circle style fighter headlights that I would most likely do the conversion too.

I would probably paint the frame black (or maybe white) because that is the color layout of the rest of my bike

I would relocate the Regulator Rectifier off the outside of the frame if possible

It has a polished yoshi exhaust that I like the sound of, but it might not look to good with the fighter look...?

I am trying to keep expenses to a minimum here, but still make her look filthy.

NOW for my questions....

how complicated is the headlight conversion?

My headlight mount is also broken on the right side so will this affect the conversion?

Without a windscreen do you get raped with air on the freeway even worse?

Do most people include front turn signals or just leave them off?

I'm sure there is more questions I'll have, please give me your input and constructive criticism, I wont get offended, help me turn this thing wicked!!!

Thank you in advance

Attached Thumbnails streetfighter input/advice...?-dscn1480.jpg   streetfighter input/advice...?-dscn1481.jpg   streetfighter input/advice...?-profile-pic2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 AM

Geez that bike that looks familiar , I was thinking of doing the same, but I’m a big fan of fairings, If you really want a street fighter then go for it but it looks like allot more work then repairing the rash, fairings are an easy fix.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 AM

I actually bought a full aftermarket set to replace it that i painted and spend a long time working on, and then when I went to fit it, the headlight fairing was a complete misfit, i doubt it even came from a cbr. My fairings arent just rashed, they are destroyed lol i hit ground at about 50 and the bike went down hard, right side got pretty wrecked. I just spray painted over it and now its a 10 footer lol. The reason why im thinking about doing this is I was saving for a 03 rr, but Im starting to think that i shouldnt be spending so much money on something new that i will have to maintain, I know my f2 pretty good mechanically. I guess im just looking for a new look.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:29 AM

Damn that sucks, was it an f3 fairing? My top fairing was destroyed as well after jumping a curb, but I repaired and saved it lol.

Anyway, If your dropping the engine and striping everything off the frame, then powder coating the frame would be the way to go.
Shorten the yoshi slip-on to suit the street fighter look.
Front turn signals are a must!
And don't forget frame sliders.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM

F2 is great fighter candidate, super easy to work on.

Headlight conversion is easy, if you get an h4 everything should be pretty much plug n' play. I changed to dual h3 which was still easy to do.
You going to need to fab/buy headlight brackets so you can mount the light to the fork instead of the frame.
No problems at all on the highway for me. have to tuck down over 100mph but that was the same with the fairings on.
I have turn signals as I live in a community that's full of seniors

Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM

When I had my F2 fighter, used a headlight from a Harley street bob. Made some simple brackets out of aluminum I got at Menards,and mounted then to the headtube where the fairing stay mounts.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my fighter isnt bad in the wind, just stay tucked over 100 like said before, and trying to top the bike out like that is such a bad idea, just kinda wants to throw you off. The headlight, it doesn't matter if the bracket is broke ona side, a fighter rips that off and you just make a new bracked, or be balla like me and use zip ties on the forks lol. Your cluster you'll have to either get a new one, or run like just the speedo or just the rpm gauge, no way you could fit that big bulky *** thing up there.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
my fighter isnt bad in the wind, just stay tucked over 100 like said before, and trying to top the bike out like that is such a bad idea, just kinda wants to throw you off. The headlight, it doesn't matter if the bracket is broke ona side, a fighter rips that off and you just make a new bracked, or be balla like me and use zip ties on the forks lol. Your cluster you'll have to either get a new one, or run like just the speedo or just the rpm gauge, no way you could fit that big bulky *** thing up there.
I would probably be balla like you with the headlight because I'm into ghetto-rigging too lol

I also have a gps that i would be willing to velcro on, but I would somehow need a way to hard wire the power cord to the battery, because I'm not about to have to charge my gps in a car everytime i wanna ride...

I probably wont be pulling the engine because I also have a project car that needs my consistant attention, maybe when i get that figured out I'll get deep into the bike. But i was actually thinking I would just rattle can right now because its hella cheap.

And Redbaron, yes I think it might have been, headlight was slightly more curvy then mine.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Default gps setup?

Hey how does the GPS setup work and how accurate also how do u hook it up plus what brand would u guys recommend? I dont have any guages at all and what kinda digital guage would work good for rpm? I have the 93F2 BTW ..

Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^lol damn kid a lil adhd going on? GPS is accurate but slow, so its more or less o **** there's a cop how fast am i going, but hey at least you constantly know where the hell your going haha. There's a thread somewhere online where you can add a cigarette lighter spot thingy on your bike so you can charge the gps and have it powered. Digital gauges for rpms, **** you can buy the whole damn thing rpm, speed, temp in one digital spot. look in either the street fighter or stunt biek sections i can't remember

Quick Reply: streetfighter input/advice...?