CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

stock gauge cluster modification question???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock gauge cluster modification question???

I have a 93 cbr 600. I purchased the bike not too long ago. I believe I'm the third owner and all the fairings have been removed along the line of ownership. So I am continuing with the "streetfighter" theme on a budget. My question is...Can I separate the speedo and tach from the stock gauge cluster so that I can get rid of the rest of it. With all the fairings off, it looks pretty goofy because it sticks out so far. What I want to do is fork mount the stock headlight for now until I can afford a nice single or dual round set up, and mount the stock speedo and tach to the yoke somehow.

Has anyone heard of separating those gauges from bulky stock gauge cluster?

Thanks for any help,

Drew

Old 06-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A friend of mine split them and built his own housings, if you're careful you can do it.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeap i used the speedo on my streetfighter...matter of fact ill sell you mine if you want...i also have a cyclopes headlight with a bulb out ill cut you a deal on

Old 06-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Thank you for the replys. I think I will try to split the cluster and separate the gauges. As for that cyclops headlight, I'd like to see a picture of it installed so I can see what it would look like, or if you have a link to the manufacturers site, that would be great.

Thank you,

Drew

Lets see some pics of this or other cheap gauge solutions if anyone has some.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

heres a few from a couple different angles of the light...i could take some pics of the speedo if your interested in buying it instead of cutting up your gauges

by the way the headlight is DOT approved street legal

Attached Thumbnails stock gauge cluster modification question???-cimg2061.jpg   stock gauge cluster modification question???-cimg1906a.jpg   stock gauge cluster modification question???-cimg1939.jpg  

Last edited by nickels; 06-23-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM

What is the current condition of that cyclops headlight? You said there is a bulb out? Could I get a replacement easy? And is it pretty straight forward to wire it in? Lots of questions, sorry. Also, would it come with the fork mount brackets and hardware? What type of bulbs does it use? H4?

Again, sorry for all the questions,

Thank you,

Drew

Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by 206turboballs
What is the current condition of that cyclops headlight? You said there is a bulb out? Could I get a replacement easy? And is it pretty straight forward to wire it in? Lots of questions, sorry. Also, would it come with the fork mount brackets and hardware? What type of bulbs does it use? H4?

Again, sorry for all the questions,

Thank you,

Drew

its cool man...my friend said it was easy to replace the bulb and he said walmart carries them...it comes with all the mounting straps and is wired with connectors...heres a current pic of the headlight...i drilled two holes in the number plate to zip tie wires up

Attached Thumbnails stock gauge cluster modification question???-cyclopes-headlight.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 PM

what do you want for the setup?

Old 06-23-2009, 02:44 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by 206turboballs
what do you want for the setup?

$70 shipped to you...could send it out today if you paypal the money early enough....tracking number would be given after i get back from UPS

Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM

That sounds like a good deal to me. I just need to talk it over with the wife first. I should know by tomorrow. One more question for you...You said it was wired with connectors...As it sits, is it pretty much plug and play or will I just need to splice it to my factory harness?

Thank you,

Drew

Quick Reply: stock gauge cluster modification question???