CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Starting problem!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problem!!!!!!!

The other day I rode my 92 600 f2 across town to the back, and when i came out side after about 5-10 mins, it wouldnt start at all, just click, click, click, so i have a buddy pick me up, I test the battery, its fine, i charge it over night and drive across town to try it, it wont even do anything, just completely dead. Any ideas on how to fix it, its across town in a grocery food parking lot so it makes it difficult to work on it. Should i try running with it and popping the cluch? Any and all ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 AM

push starting might work. might need a new battery too. could always pull the battery and have it tested or something

Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 AM

If it's clicking, its not completely dead. Do you get indicator lights when you turn the ignition on? What voltage are you getting out of the battery while the bike is off? On?

Pull the right tail fairing off, and inspect the R\R for signs of physical problems, like melting.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 PM

I checked out my bike and it looks as if one of the sockets in the R/R is melted. What am i able to do to get it running again??? Do i need to get a new R/R or can i get a new socket? Jimmy rig a connector? Please help!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:19 PM

oh yeah. Since it is messed up. Would I be able to push start it with the R/R connector melted in on spot?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:05 AM

You MAY be able to push-start it, depending on where the damage in the R\R is, but you'd have to manually charge your battery first. Be aware you're going to be running on straight battery the entire time, so GET IT HOME QUICK!!! Also, a fried R\R can permanently damage a battery and render it unchargable.

As for replacing the R\R, you can just buy a new one and drop it in, but I don't reccommend it, as the Honda ones are (obviously) garbage. You can use one from a Gixxer or Yamaha (like I did), but that requires some basic electrical knowledge to convert, and I don't know how keen you are on that. Also, if any of your wires are charred, you'll have to replace them, too.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 AM

I had the same problem, when I looked at my r/r it was fried. I replaced it with a suzuki r/r and that fixed the charging problem. Now it won't start when it's cold, it drain's the battery and once I recharge it the bike will fire right up. Could this be my battery, or the r/r keeping it from starting when it's cold?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 AM

It sounds like it didn't fix the charging problem whatsoever. You either wired the new R\R wrong, its bad, your stator is bad, or you also fried your wiring harness.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 AM

The charging problem is fixed, I wired it correctly, the r/r is fine, the stator is fine. I started it and checked to make sure it was charging and everthing after putting the new r/r in. The battery has a full charge before starting, and after starting it and riding it, the battery is still fully charged. It's just that when it's cold it just won't start and run. It will start for a second and then die. After trying to start it until the battery dies, recharging it and putting it back in, the bike fires right up.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you use choke?

Quick Reply: Starting problem!!!!!!!