CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

starting a new project a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that search button does help dont it. lol for any reading this who might want it: http://www.gofastvideo.com/video/377...F2-Shop-Manual

Old 12-07-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse657
haha thats pretty impressive. i wonder how long it took to make that. i wish my bike would do that. i hate having to take it apart to fix something.
i love working on my bike or cars... its relaxing

Old 12-07-2009, 03:25 PM

o i love working on my bike. thats y ive pretty much rebuilt my whole f2. i just hate after i get it back together and then have to tear it back apart to fix something. it gets old after doing it so many times. id rather be riding.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:18 PM

When i need to kick back and relax I drive. When I drive all that matters is that connection between you and the car. The bound you get from building cars with ure buddys is great. If you have good car guys u know u can allways call them and they will be there for you like you are for them. The down side is it seems like i often get those 3 am phone calls. lol I might just be lucky I had a good group of friends in high school that all had cars that made loud sounds.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by brad horton
When i need to kick back and relax I drive. When I drive all that matters is that connection between you and the car. The bound you get from building cars with ure buddys is great. If you have good car guys u know u can allways call them and they will be there for you like you are for them. The down side is it seems like i often get those 3 am phone calls. lol I might just be lucky I had a good group of friends in high school that all had cars that made loud sounds.
same here, i love the cultere that cars and bikes bring, i mean i can go up to a guy that has nothing in common wtih me and say "nice bike" or " any mods" and next thing i know were friends. just the other day i had my buddys over and were were rebuilding my carbs. its great. even the 3am phone calls

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

I was headed to the MSU flordia game with a buddy and on the edge of Tuscaloosa on 82 I pulled up next to a 55 chevy with a 350. raced him from about a 30mph roll in my m3 and left him. I pulled up next to at the next traffic light and he started stalled it as soon as he came to a stop next to us. He could not get it restarted so when the light changed i pulled into a parking lot and pushed him out of the road. I pulled the plugs and they wet with fuel so we wiped them off and got it back running. He was one of those old guys who came in that attuitude of what can these kids know about my carbed car(I'm 20 he might have been 60). We went on about way and now it seems like I run into him every where I go and hes allways so nice. I walked into a car show the next weekend and there was bunch of the old guys hanging out and I walked from behind to the story of "This kid not only came back for me. He saved my a$$". It nice to be apart of a world like that.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse657
smitty, i saw your bike on ebay. y u selling it? i love that color scheme.
I bought it as a winter project bike. I thought it would be a fun challenge getting it back to roadworthy. Well, it wasn't in very bad shape at all. All I had to do was replace a few parts (radiator, right side switches, gauges and front fairing stay) and then it was just cosmetic. The fairings are not in that bad a shape at all. Had to fix some cracks but overall it turned out really nice. From 10-20' away, you can hardly notice it.

After I had it all fixed, I got a bit of time to ride it before it got cold. It runs perfectly and is a blast! But I realized that I really enjoyed putting it all back together, so I started looking for another project bike. I found a wrecked 2001 929rr which I can get for cheap. The only catch is I have to get rid of this bike first. My garage is pretty small and can't have them both in there.

I have it on craigslist and ebay for $1900, but I'd settle for $1500. I've gotten lots of offers for between $1000 and $1300, but I'm not going lower than $1500. It runs perfectly, only has 18k and looks better than most of the resprays on ebay.

If you know anyone interested, let me know! I'm passionate about my cars and bikes and love to talk about them. This is not a ragged out P.O.S.. It's really a very good clean bike that has no rust or signs of neglect on it.

I can't list it in for sale here yet though...I'm not a senior member. I'm trying to be pretty active on the forums.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:09 PM

yea i know what you mean. i had to rebuild mine and after i was finished it felt good but then i was kinnd sad because it was all finished. what kind of deal did you get for the 929? id like to find a 600rr for cheap and rebuild it. ill ask around. if you decide to part it out i sure would like those plastics thouht .

Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM

We agreed upon $450. It needs an new motor and alot more, but the frame is straight and has alot of good stuff on it still. I just have to get rid of this F2 first. I've got a lot of leads today actually. I hope someone steps up and buys it!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:58 PM

I need to know how to by pass the instrument cluster to get the bike to run.

The bike has not been cranked yet any thing i need to do before I crank it for the first time? Im planning on pulling the plugs and spraying it down with some wd40 and letting that sit for a while then if there is away to turn the motor by hand i would like to turn it by hand to be sure the motor is not locked up and I bend a rod the first crank. I was also going to drain the coolant system.

Quick Reply: starting a new project a few questions