CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

To sell or to part, that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To sell or to part, that is the question.

After 9 years of faithful service, it's time to send my F2 to greener pastures. Some ignorant cow of a woman backed into in on the street and I really don't have the time or patience right now to fix it. It came back totalled thanks to the fairing damage, so I just got a check for $2700 from the lady's insurance. Not bad, considering. Fuel injection, here I come.

The question now is should I sell it as is or part it out? As it stands, it's clean title, ~20K, cracked upper and lower right-side fairings, rashed (but unbroken) left side upper and lower fairings, cracked rear left fairing, and slightly bent headlight/fairing mount bracket. It runs like a top, has a GSXR reg/rec, new battery, blah, blah, blah. I've put time into making it a solid bike. Any ideas on what I'd be able to sell it for as is? It would certainly be less hassle than a part out. Anybody have experience parting out these bikes and how much, if any, demand there is?

I'd like to recoup as much money as I can for the bike, but wouldn't mind avoiding the hassle of tear down.

Any thoughts would be really helpful. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Where is the bike located would be the first thing...

Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Denver. My bad, I guess I need to fill in my profile.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 PM

$2700?? in US currency?? i thought you get money based off KBB price! some ******** insurance gave me only 1500 and i have full coverage

Old 06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky 7
After 9 years of faithful service, it's time to send my F2 to greener pastures. Some ignorant cow of a woman backed into in on the street and I really don't have the time or patience right now to fix it. It came back totalled thanks to the fairing damage, so I just got a check for $2700 from the lady's insurance. Not bad, considering. Fuel injection, here I come.

The question now is should I sell it as is or part it out? As it stands, it's clean title, ~20K, cracked upper and lower right-side fairings, rashed (but unbroken) left side upper and lower fairings, cracked rear left fairing, and slightly bent headlight/fairing mount bracket. It runs like a top, has a GSXR reg/rec, new battery, blah, blah, blah. I've put time into making it a solid bike. Any ideas on what I'd be able to sell it for as is? It would certainly be less hassle than a part out. Anybody have experience parting out these bikes and how much, if any, demand there is?

I'd like to recoup as much money as I can for the bike, but wouldn't mind avoiding the hassle of tear down.

Any thoughts would be really helpful. Thanks!

parting a f2 out sucks right now bcuz not many people with f2s are buying stuff and i know this bcuz im parting my clean title f2 out right now...if i were you i would make it a streetfighter with the cyclopes headlight i have for sale and sell the upper stay and good plastics.... if you part it out the forks, radiator, and engine will sell quick but you'll end up with a half bike like ive got...a streetfightered f2 goes for around 1200-1500 in some places

Old 06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
$2700?? in US currency?? i thought you get money based off KBB price! some ******** insurance gave me only 1500 and i have full coverage

you took the first offer didnt you? They always try to jerk you around and see if you'll take wayy less than what theyre willing to give.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 PM

If you have a wife or a girlfriend don't part it out. I've been parting out a car for the past 6 months and it has been a non stop pain from my girlfriend. Plus it eats away at your time because maybe one out of 10 people that take up your time actually buy something.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM

Hmmm...good thinking on the wife or girlfriend.

Well, maybe I'll just see what I can get for it as is. I rode it to work today, so it can't be that bad, right? If I can get $1300, I'll break even on the 929rr I'm looking at today.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by Lucky 7
Hmmm...good thinking on the wife or girlfriend.

Well, maybe I'll just see what I can get for it as is. I rode it to work today, so it can't be that bad, right? If I can get $1300, I'll break even on the 929rr I'm looking at today.

sounds like its not too bad then

Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sell it for $1000, somebody will buy it.

Quick Reply: To sell or to part, that is the question.