CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

REPAINTING the bike!!! **PICTURES**

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPDATE!!!

I'm really liking the tinted tale light and front turn signals. Anyone know where I can get ahold of those or is that a strictly custom thing. Also 99ls1 let me know how you like those grips... I'm thinking about getting the same ones...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Ok so I lowered the front just over an inch, ill see how it turns out when everything is back together. I had to pull off the brake line that goes into the resuavior because I had to get to the allen head bolt. Now do I move the handle bars down too? or do I leave them where they are at? I got my tank pad in too.

jagdiver ... I did paint mine on, I prepped everything put the parts back on the bike, and then used some posterboard for the stencil. Then tapped everything off. Its kinda hard to explain. Ill see if I can post up some pictures.

flyboy1011 ... Read a couple of the last posts, I posted a link to what it is and how you do it.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM

there should be bolts on the handlebars on the fork tubes and you just loosen it and the handle bars will lower

Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Anyone ever done or thought of doing the tinting on the headlight?[8D]

Old 12-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Thanks smitty, I saw that but I wasn't sure if people usually do or not. What do I have to do to bleed the brakes?

You cant spray tint them, they are glass, there would be no adheasion, I was going to do it. The only way you could do it is actual film like for cars windows, but then you would be redoing it every time you ride because of bugs.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:21 PM

have you ever bleed the brakes on your car? its pretty much the same thing. i just flushed all my old brake fluid with new stuff last night in the 10 degree weather lol

now my next project is to make a woodburner out of a 55 gallon drum lol

Old 12-16-2008, 06:21 PM

ah dangit

Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM

99LS1 , Anymore details on how you stenciled it out, or what you used as your pattern would be awesome. Great thread I agree with everyone this has been very informative and awesome to read

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jagdiver

99LS1 , Anymore details on how you stenciled it out, or what you used as your pattern would be awesome. Great thread I agree with everyone this has been very informative and awesome to read

Look at reydelaplaya gallery. Search his name. The right side shot is the pic I used it off of.

For starters If I were you I would buy some Fineline tape. Actually if you want it to look good use fineline tape, basically because if you use normal tape/painters tape you will get a really really rough edge where the paint and the tape meet, its kinda hard to explain unless you have done it before.

Anyways, the bottom black part i just eyed it out. Look at his pic and you can kinda see where the tape should go, so attach it at one end and pul the tape so you get a straight line then lay it down on the other end where you want it. (which are circled in yellow)

As for the "wings" or stripes whatever you want to call them get some poster board and make a sharp point like mine are in my last couple pics, only on 1 end you wont need it on the other end. I just layed a level out and used that for the width, then I knew for sure my lines would be straight, then just make a point depening on the look you want. Then use a very very sharp blade cut out your template.

Then from there on out just look off of this pic and try to eye out what you want. Its really really hard to explain how to do it so im sorry if this is lacking info, let me know if you have any questions. Its pretty hard to type it out. lol

I laid down the template and taped above it. DONT TAPE DOWN THE TEMPLATE just go around it, once you pulll the template away from the bike it should be like your template, Then flip it over to do the other end of the stripe.

Hope he doesn't mind that im using his pic. He knows im In LOVE with his bike lol.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Thanks a ton, I appreciate the tips. I am hoping to start prepping my bike this weekend

Quick Reply: REPAINTING the bike!!! **PICTURES**