CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Pushed my little CBR today.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushed my little CBR today.......

My main sport bike is a '12 ZX10R. I REALLY love that bike! It is just fooking spooky fast!!!
Today I took my girlfriend, she on her ZX6R, and her sister for a ride to teach her sister how to ride. The "trainer" bike is my '91 CBR 600. She rode it most of the day but when we stopped in Orondo for a break I decided to take the old girl for a rip. The bike, that is! I haven't rode this bike in earnest in about two years. I sold it last year after I didn't ride it due to getting two new bikes. I just bought it back a few months ago. So I took the old girl for a rip now that I have a clue how to ride and I have to say, it was a lot of fun! It wasn't scary like the 10R but it was a different kind of adrenaline. I may have to put some new sneakers on the old girl and have at her some more.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely! Some people get too caught up in speed alone and get "bored". Sometimes you have to stay off the bike for a while to appreciate it. I love the personality of the F2. The sound, maneuverability, the fit, etc. Power alone is definitely not enough for me to keep a bike

Old 04-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Welcome Crew

Do it!!!!! I've rode 1000, busas, which is like riding an elephant incidently, and other larger "faster" bikes. But nothing I have found makes me smile like the sound of my f2 with the yoshi can. Aside from that, I can ride the 600 closer to my personal limits because I'm comfortable on it. Fast enough to do something stupid on and just a bit faster, but forgiving to a degree too. I won't sell this one if it can be avoided. Don't care what new bike sits outside for me.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is exactly why I'm having troubles figuring out what to do with mine... I know for fact when the Daytona gets ready I'm not gonna be riding the CBR, there's no point in selling it cause if anyone would even buy it with the miles I'm nit gonna get much at all of it, but can't afford to keep two bikes insured either... Don't even have the room for properly storing two bikes... one thing I thought I could do is take it off the plates and track it, I could probly store it in our truck garage, if it's a dedicated tracker I wouldn't mind a scratch or a ding here and there... Ahvenisto race track in Riihimäki isn't that far and I have a truck so I could probly squeeze a track day or two into a season... Sorry for the light threadjack but I need a bit of insight of what to do, everyone that has had an f2 seems to regret selling it at some point...

Last edited by Mattson; 04-07-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:37 PM

having stumbled into the whole f2 thing by accident when looking for a cheap bike to get back into it i have to say it is quite possibly the best bike i have ridden. I have had everything from dragstars to race tuned ducatis in the past and the little cbr just does everything quite well, i can sit on it for 8 hours having fun all day and get off without an ache.
I have also spent a fortune on it so i may just be trying to convince myself ;-)

Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by outsider
Definitely! Some people get too caught up in speed alone and get "bored". Sometimes you have to stay off the bike for a while to appreciate it. I love the personality of the F2. The sound, maneuverability, the fit, etc. Power alone is definitely not enough for me to keep a bike

Nailed it!!

Old 04-08-2014, 05:18 AM
Welcome Crew

Originally Posted by Mattson
can't afford to keep two bikes insured either......
Check the collectors policy out. Low mileage a year, ie every now and then riding, equals big discounts on insurance for that particular bike.

Sorry for the thread Jack, back to your regularly scheduled program 😊

Old 04-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not in Finland... I'm starting to lean towards the track option, haven't dsred to go on my only riding bike, but have been told the track is awesome. We'll see...

Yea handing the thread back now...

Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by outsider
+1000..just what i would have said