CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

price question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price question???

I really need to get my carbs cleaned and synched and my idle adjusted, don't have the time to do it myself but really need done... What is a good price to have this done because I have no knowledge of this and don't want to get taken advantage of! Thanks for the help!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

um carb synch can range from 45-100+ bucks. cleaned, i was first quoted when i didn't know **** at like 75 on the bike 50 off, and idle adjusted??? Turn the damn ****...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM

I tried to turn the damn ****, the RPMs went up to 5000 so I lowered it and it just cut off...

Old 02-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Depends on how clean you want them! I had my carbs pretty much rebuilt. The gas destroyed my gaskets. I also had new valve seals put in. After labor and parts = $500. But now I have pretty much brand new carbs. Just be aware how much it might cost to have someone do it...

Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM

ask the shop what they do when the 'clean' the carbs.

I would personally seafoam your carbs/fuel system, after you get all fresh gas in, take it in for a sync/tune. this is dependant on just how neglected the bike was.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Not having the time to do it, I suppose you could have a shop do it for you but be prepared to pay through the nose. One thing I think you should do is dump half a bottle of cheapo carb. cleaner in to your tank with it 1/4 to 1/2 full and let it sit for about a week, better yet, two weeks. Shake it around every day for a minute or two and after a week or two either pull the tank (recommended) and drain it or pull the fuel line to the carbs. and put a line on just to drain the tank. Get all that varnish and crap out of there first or cleaning your carbs. will be a waste of time as all that crap will simply go right back into your nice clean carbs.. You don't want that. My bike shop offers a tank soak that gets all that crap out without hurting the paint somehow but I didn't have them do it, I just did what I described to you instead but it may be an option for you. At any rate, cleaning up the fuel system of a bike that has been sitting for a long time cannot be over emphasized! These bikes with their little bitty carbs. and such high output simply cannot have dirty carbs.!

Old 02-11-2012, 02:41 PM

I went and got a quote, they said it would be 350 plus labor to pretty much rebuild the carbs, but they said they wanna maker sure that's what needs to be done and that is gonna cost another 75...but I guess its what needs to be done so I make sure everything is ok. I just bought the bike in January and the guy who had it before me rode it last summer, but it had been siting for at least 4 months... Thanks for the advice I Def will look into everything!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol what a rip off, i advise against it

Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM

heres what i did..

my bike only has 2k miles on it and hasnt been ridden in 11 years. the inside of the tank was like an alien egg.. yolk and all. the fuel lines, filters, carbs, jets.. everything needed a thorough cleaning. had a shop quote me parts + $40 an hour in labor and then capped me at 8 hours of labor even tho they did way over that.
The shop took apart and synced and flushed and cleaned every single part of my fuel system the first time.. crap gas and seafoamed.. took apart the carbs and jets again.. crap gas and seafoamed.. then one last time and it was good to go. They had to let the tank sit overnight with naval jelly inside (8-10 hours) .. this peeled that membrane like crap right out.. then they coated the inside of the tank with WD-40 i think..

long story short.. you dont want any crap to get in your carbs and jets and it can take just a week of sitting for scum to start floating around. heet is good if you are a binge rider as well as other things im sure

Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM

That's a pretty extensive writeup, and I can guarantee they didn't use WD-40. They probably used KREEM tank liner or some equivelant. Definitely not WD-40 though, heh.

Cleaning your carbs isn't all that tough. It's just a headache to do the work.

Quick Reply: price question???