CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read carfully... cowboy from hell nailed this one. read it , hes right on time. i learned to weelie on my F2 and im a 6'2" 225 lb rider...before ya get mad ... or hurt ..read post#2 again with an open mind......peeeece

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
read carfully... cowboy from hell nailed this one. read it , hes right on time. i learned to weelie on my F2 and im a 6'2" 225 lb rider...before ya get mad ... or hurt ..read post#2 again with an open mind......peeeece
Dude iam in nassau county wud up
Anyway if you access to a fourwheeler or dirt bike that be the best way to learn. That's what started i on.

Last edited by cowboy from hell; 12-23-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 PM

i have an f3 and i tried a power wheelie. Will not go up but maybe its cuz i am not skilled.

Dead stand still and rip the throttle. I go fast but not up =P

clutch ups are better anyways! more skizzles

Old 12-24-2009, 04:55 AM

Run up to about 7k dump the gas then wot as quick as possible it'll do believe me if that don't work try a different rpm or slide back alittle on the seat.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by cowboy from hell
Dude iam in nassau county wud up
Anyway if you access to a fourwheeler or dirt bike that be the best way to learn. That's what started i on.
yes indeed...my favorite by far is to weelie a dirt bike.. my sons little scooter loves to ride on one ... peeps should play on a dirt bike for awile before jumpin on a sportbike..IMO.. cause once you relize that you control it , it doesnt control you, youll begin to see in that matrix code...and riding will advance alot faster... peece to ya cowboy, nassau aint to far from duval...929s baby...

Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM

I lifted mine the day I got it. Not too high but the front end was about 6-10 off the ground.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jnicola
Just curious if it's a sign of needing to do some performance/tuning work on my bike, or if it is just the bike.

I'm not insulted, although I'm not positive it's entirel rider error either. My ex-500 (street fightered out) will power on wheelie, but not my cbr600f2. I've shifted my weight, I've gone WOT with my weight shifted back at 7k and it's just not going. Given that my bike has a K+N filter and an aftermarket exhaust I'm wondering if the jetting is off resulting in significant power loss. I've even gone 2 teeth up on the rear so I should have some additional get up and go.

The popular consensus here though is that you people can power wheelie a CBR600F2 you personally own. I find it odd however that current owners of F2's (and one person on an F3) disagree.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 AM

you can power wheelie your ex500 but not your F2? i find that odd.......oh ya and the power on your F2 shood be up near 9500 or 10grand, my F2 didnt wake up until 8500. get it to 9000 in first then glitch off the throttle and throw it rite back on and if the front dont come up you mite have a tuning issue...your 600 F2 doesnt have super power under 8K and you mite have to kick it in the **** good to make it perform....peeece

Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by cowboy from hell
Run up to about 7k dump the gas then wot as quick as possible it'll do believe me if that don't work try a different rpm or slide back alittle on the seat.
I'd agree with that, it's how i raise my front end when the itch comes. Today i left work at 9am with a buddie. The onramp leaving the naval station is rediculously long and i rode up to 8K aside his pickup truck, then dumped the throttle and ripped her up until 12k, brought it down and continued until i hit 135. I figured that was enough, i had to get it out of my system and how perfect. Nobody's on the road on Christmas!

A scoot back in the seat helps things a lot.

Have you met any other F2 riders in Portland? Try meetin up with some other guys and maybe one of them will be able to give an idea into if you have an issue with the tuning. When you dump the throttle does it respond immediately? Maybe like you said your jetting is off, or what about your air filter? I assume you checked that?

Last edited by f2first_love; 12-25-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jnicola
The popular consensus here though is that you people can power wheelie a CBR600F2 you personally own. I find it odd however that current owners of F2's (and one person on an F3) disagree.
I'll speak for the F3s. They can power up. Did it completely by accident at an intersection at my office.

People have a hard time respecting that left turns across oncoming traffic MUST yield at this particular intersection (high # of head ons there as you can imagine). Was going straight when an asshat crossed my path, with another asshat bout one car length behind waiting to do the same. Instead of braking I backed off the throttle so Asshat #1 would clear my path and gunned it to get across before Asshat #2 could become a solid wall of steel in my path. Front end started skipping across the pavement , I froze for a few seconds with wot and the front stopped skipping. And started rising.

I had just solved the AF issue in my carbs that weekend which had caused a massive flat spot at 5k+ rpm. The flat spot had existent from purchase so I hadn't really experienced the true power of the bike till then. Was nowhere near ready for it. Lots of scary headshake at the start and only luck made me back off the throttle. Wasn't big, maybe a foot or so based on guys that saw it. But the front was still climbing till I closed the throttle

Last edited by Kuroshio; 12-25-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)