CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help.

Alright guys. I have a 93 cbr 600 f2. 14k miles. The bike last season started to go threw plugs once a month. I replaced coils, cdi box wires and batt. Helped but still went threw them pretty quick. got a new petcock and it seemed to fix the issue. but now last week it started it again runs like crap unless WOT and still is lacking some power. I have a yosh pipe k&n filter and stg1 ket. it pops and sounds like a v twin unless wot and even now it starting to do it then. The number 3 carb was burbling and dumping fuel even when the bike was off so floats right I took it off while on the bike cleaned everthing put it back together.Then NO fuel on that carb ( go figure ) #1 carb at idle is pumping away but the rest seem to be lagging as I can barley see any fuel going in, and #3 is doing nothing, What did I do????? I didn't lose any parts now the carbs are off the bike and I want to see what yall think before I start going into them again. I want to clean them but I'm wanting to know whatI did wrong the float does not MOVE at all now on #3. Thanks alot guys hoping to get this fixed shortly.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Default RE: Please help.

Being that the plugs were fouling and you can't get the bike to run right unless WOT, it seems the carbs are dumping too much gas for sure. I would rebuild the carbs and possibly just put new floats in there. Also, did you set up the stage 1 kit properly, or just put in all the same needles? There is a difference between carbs in that IIRC the middle two carbs use smaller needles by one size. (someone please correct me if that is wrong)Do you know how to balance the carbs? Set the proper idle speed on all the carbs? (requires an accurate tach, not the one on the bike) Are the rubber boots between the head and carbs sealing properly?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 AM

The kit was in the bike when I got it. Yes it was running way to rich. It for some reason fixed it self for a bit untill #3 carb decied to go on the fritz and keep dumping fuel ( float ) and now it's still the float but it doing the oppsite and dumping no fuel on that carb. If u mean sync the carbs Yes. I was going to take it to a shop but they charge a arm and a leg for easy stuff. I have a Honda service manual that I'm going by.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Well, it's not just syncing the carbs with that guage you can buy, but also adjusting each one individually for RPM. The Honda manual does show how that is done IIRC. Perhaps one method takes the place of the other, but I know for sure the Honda manual says to use the tach method. In any event it sounds like something is stuck again, so I would be buying new parts instead of just trying to take apart and clean.