CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Picture - 'cause it happened. Finally! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking bike for sure man. Hope you get it all figured out.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM

Holy lowered F2... are you a midget or do you just not like turning?

Pick that thing back up and let it shred man!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:07 PM

@gpfan1 - sounds like that's the most likely scenario. I've been looking closely at the manual, and I see how that could happen. Looks like I should be able to pull the set of carbs as a unit and just work on the float side without pulling them completely apart. We'll see.*

@kilgoretrout - I'd love to say I was actually responsible enough to have prepped the moto for a long camp, but I wasn't and didn't. I'll check those screws anyway to make sure they're tight, but if they're loose, I'm sure it wasn't me. Thanks for the tip, at least now I know what those screws do, when I do need to drain them.

Thanks for the advice my friends, I'll keep you all posted.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM

@Ls1tuner_06 thanks for the compliment dude, it actually looks better in a real foto, not that crappy iPhone one. LOL

@JesseAwesome no, I'm not considered a midget unless I'm surrounded by the Lakers. It was that low when I bought it. It also had a super wide tire on the back, so yeah, it was hard to turn then, but I've since replaced both with the stock sizes, and it corners really nicely now, so I'm going to leave it.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 PM

A better foto:

Attached Thumbnails Picture - 'cause it happened. Finally! LOL-motoraizq.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Question

Why do you have F 3 stickers on it?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:22 PM

@DagonRais - Yeah, I know they're wrong, but I bought it like that. It was repainted and lowered by the previous owner back in '98. I really like the red/black paint job (was a major factor in the purchase of this particular one) even though its a bit nicked and scratched, so I'm gonna leave it for now. When I finally treat it/myself to a new set of plastics, I'll have it repainted *exactly* the same, only with the correct decals.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by reydelaplaya
@Ls1tuner_06 thanks for the compliment dude, it actually looks better in a real foto, not that crappy iPhone one. LOL

@JesseAwesome no, I'm not considered a midget unless I'm surrounded by the Lakers. It was that low when I bought it. It also had a super wide tire on the back, so yeah, it was hard to turn then, but I've since replaced both with the stock sizes, and it corners really nicely now, so I'm going to leave it.
Did you also raise the forks up? They were dropped notably in that first photo!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:13 PM

Got the carbs out, apart, cleaned, and reinstalled. They weren't bad, just some deposits from that old gas. It's trying to start, every once in a while you hear it kick, just not completely yet. The air cleaner shell (bottom half) could stand replacing as two of the screws from top have nothing to screw into - broken off

Looks like the next logical place to look is the plugs. Guess I'll pull those in a minute and see how they look. Wonder if I need to pull the tank/air cleaner to get to 'em, or if I can come in from the side. We'll see.

More later...

Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Got the plugs out - like new, as I expected since they were part of the maintenance from about six months before it got parked. Cleaned coroded electrical connections to the "distributors" - forgot what you call those things (my rx-7 had them, too), but there's two of 'em that the spark cables come out of.

It's really trying - puffs of exhaust out the muffler when it kicks, teasing me, dammit. LOL

I think I'll have it by the end of this weekend.

Quick Reply: Picture - 'cause it happened. Finally! LOL