CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

ok so i need help.....pics inside...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok so i need help.....pics inside...

ive been putting together a bike from scratch. and tonight i finally get the dinosaur running. the problem is its idle which is about 4700 rmps at the current moment. the idle adjustment on the left side of the bike is all the way out, is there another adjustment?? and this is with the choke off. im so tired i cant even process what this crappy manual is trying to explain. im going to show some pictures, and please let me know if there is something else i need to adjust. please help, thanks.

these pictures are for ilistration porpuses only, i know these are not on the bike.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:10 PM

its possible your choke is still in the on position even though the lever is off. Thats the way mine is. I have to physically slide the choke bar towards me to take the choke off. From your pictures the choke is still in the on position.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Honda_Runner
its possible your choke is still in the on position even though the lever is off. Thats the way mine is. I have to physically slide the choke bar towards me to take the choke off. From your pictures the choke is still in the on position.
i don't think that's the problem, the carbs that are on the bike, before i put the tank on, i made sure everything moved, opened and closed, and so forth. thanks for the reply, keep them coming. someones brains going to spark the answer i need.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Leo_padakin
i don't think that's the problem, the carbs that are on the bike, before i put the tank on, i made sure everything moved, opened and closed, and so forth. thanks for the reply, keep them coming. someones brains going to spark the answer i need.
yeah my choke bar moves freely its just for some reason the cable doesnt want to reset the choke to the off position. hopefully someone will chime in with some ideas. GL!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im just throwing out a couple of ideas here (i really don't know).

Have you tried adjusting the carbs?
I noticed the last time i synched my carbs it affected the idle alot. I had to constantly adjust the idle-**** because the idle would either be way too high or too low, depending on my fiddling with the carb adjuster screws.

Also, i noticed that my F2 idles at a higher rpm if the air-filter is not attached. (Probably got something to do with pressure differences?). Check for leaks around the seal to the air filter housing.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but those are F3 carbs are they not?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:13 AM

very possible that those are f3's. there just a spare throw away set. ill take pics of the ones on the bike in the morning. i have the darkest garage in the world. three lights and you still need a flash light.. go figure.

and viking i have never synched carbs before so...????? i guess ill search that topic, and await other possible answers. thanks everyone already.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:54 AM

get ur carbs sync'd..

Old 05-24-2009, 07:10 AM

a carb sync is not the holy grail alot of people seem to think it is........
my guess is stuck floats or your carbs are dirty and out of adjustment, could also be an intake leak (check your boots)

Old 05-24-2009, 10:49 AM

All Very good Answers, i personally think that it might be the Air/Fuel mixture screws, mine were screwed all the way in after i rebuilt my carbs on my 92 f2 so it was only getting enough fuel to run at very high rpm's, once i adjusted them together and synced them she purred like a kitten 900 rpm's with choke off, and yes it will always run about 400 rpm's higher sometimes more with the air filter off. and make sure your carb gasket set A the squiggle ones are all there , the ones that sit on top of the carbs once you take the filter off, because im running my bike with only two, there like 30 bucks a piece and i dont feel like buying oem, let me know if this helped.

Quick Reply: ok so i need help.....pics inside...