CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

NO STABIL!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO STABIL!

Okay people, I need your help. I have a 1993 cbr600f2. I chose not to winterize this past winter, thinking that I would start it up and let it run. Wrong! After charging up my battery, I can not get the bike to start. It turns over, lets out a nice blue flame or two, but will not start. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NO STABIL!

Might have some nice gummed up carbs. They may need disassembly and a good cleaning before it will fire up and run again.

I know not everyone agrees with this, but each year before storing, I let the bike run and drive it up and down my road with the petcock turned to the OFF position to try and really drain the carbs and fuel lines. Run it till it starts coughing on fumes. Then just keep turning it over on battery power to get the last little bit out (it will cough and sputter a little here.) I add seafoam (stabilizer) to the tank and top it up with 91 octane. I have never had a problem with doing this ever. I just turn the petcock back to On and begin to turn it over. Usually fires within 30 seconds.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM

i do the same thing, run the carbs dry with the petcock off, it keeps the fuel from gumming up the carbs. it could be your plugs tho too. if the carbs and plugs proove to be fine maybe the petcock is messed up and youre not getting fuel from the tank. could be a few things

Old 03-10-2008, 04:39 PM

I'd start by draining the fuel out of the carbs, and draining the stale gas out of the tank. Replace that with some fresh gas, maybe some carb cleaner in the gas if you feel so inclined. If that doesn't get things going I'd throw in a new set of plugs. If your carbs are particularly gummed up then that stuff won't be enough, but I'd try them first to avoid having to disassemble them.