CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

No spark, can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No spark, can anyone help?

actually no, if the red shutoff is on the motor shouldnt spin at all...bet thats your problem...severed wire.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 PM

I have this on and off a few times during rebuild I will inspect this in the morning. I would have thought that it has to be a simple as something like that. Fingers crossed, I will let you know.
My ZX10R certainly doesn'tturn over with the kill switch off nor does the KLX650. Thanks for the help so far!!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Uhh, the engine still turns with the killswitch off, it just wont fire up and run... it will just crank.

I was wrong about the kickstand though, at least I think I was. It shouldn't crank with the kickstand down while in gear, only in neutral.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 PM

Bike will crank and start with kickstand down and in neutral. Bike will not crank with kickstand down and in gear.

Bike will crank but not start with kill switch engaged.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM

kinda interested in finding out this one whats the score ninjapower?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 PM

No success, wiring in throttle housing seemed ok but ran 13.4v on and off when ignition was on (strange.)

Checked coils and got 3.5ohms on both as stated in the manual.

Checked wiring to CDI, again got the correct amount of ohms on all different connections according to the manual.

All fuses checked out ok.

I can't test the CDI itself as I do not have the right equipment.

I have tested my 10R and KLX and my mates CBR FX and with the kill switch set to off none of them turn over the motor!!!!!!!!!! My CBR does turn over, I'm sure this is the problem. Is there a way to bypass the kill switch to test if this is the problem????? It's driving me nuts...lol

Old 01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont think it's the problem, all 3 of my old bikes turned over with the killswitch on.

But they were all Honda's.

Maybe it's a honda thing?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 PM

Ill be absolutely honest i dont think mine will turn over with the kill switch on. I know my 82 virago wont...couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start a few times lol. I had a problem where i couldnt get two cylinders to fire wound up being my carbs but anyway point is i called the motorcycle shop and he said are you sure your getting spark if not check your stator and pulse generator im like wtf. but anyway. if i were you i would trace the wires from your hand assembly and if it checks out all the way possibly pulse generator on the inside cover on the right side....maybe it got jarred and broke off the mount....thats the only thing i can think of.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:32 PM

I have checked the colis and there is a 12v+ on both. I'm now at a dead end with everything checked and all ok. Maybe the spark plugs are duff which I am using to test a spark. Time to pay up and take the bike in I think.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM

Crack the beers open!

I have sorted it, and it's always something bloody simple. There was a wire leading to the CDI unit that had a scotch lock attached, opening it up I noticed that it had not been crimped successfully & probably down to me disturbing the wires while modifying the rear end and tidying up the loom. 4 days of pissing around with a multimeter aragghhhhhh! At least I know all the electrical components are giving out the right volts and ohms now at least lol. Thanks for everyones help though.

Quick Reply: No spark, can anyone help?