CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

new memeber fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new memeber fuel question

ok so i have a 93 F2 i just got it all painted after putting it back together the bike wont start im thinking it has something to do with the petcock and fuel lines does anyone have a diagram where the hoses are suppost to go.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Default RE: new memeber fuel question

I don't have a diagram, but it's pretty simple. The two lines that come directly off the tank just hang behind the engine to ensure safe drainagge of overflow. There is a large hose and a small hose that connect to the petcock, the small hose is the vacuum line and connects to the clutch side of the carbs. The large line is the fuel line (the one that REALLY matters) and it connectes to a T adapter and splits into two lines going into the top of the intake. Make sure the petcock is down (ON) or up (RESERVE) and not left (OFF). Make sure it is not in gear with the side stand down (though the starter would not turn...). Make sure there are no kinks in the fuel lines.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:58 PM

the vaccum line connects to which part on the petcock there are 2 openings one is facing toward the handlebars and one facing down which one do i connect it to. thanks for the fast reply

Old 10-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vacuum line from side of carb to the smaller nozzle of the petcock.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:09 PM

i dont think you understtod my question ill describe it better. there are 2 very small connectors on the petcock one of them is on the opposite side of the On/Off/reserver switch and the other is directly on the bottom facing the ground which one does the vacuum line connect to

Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Doesn't sound like a standard petcock.

Try testing them. I guess...hook a clear hose to each. Open petcock see if gas flows. if not...try pulling air through one of them. Is one nozzle larger than the other?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:31 PM

they look the same. it jst seems like the gas isnt getting into the carbs. i dont know anything about this bike since this is the first problem ever having with it it. im downlaoding the manual right now. does this bike have a fuel pump? if so could that be the problem

Old 10-10-2008, 05:09 PM

No fuel pump. Typically on the petcock of an F2 there's 2 nozzles pointing forward. the closest one to the petcock switch is larger than the further one and is the gas line. the smaller would be the vacuum which requires constant suction to allow gas flow. Maybe you can find a model number on the petcock (though i doubt it.)

Does gas flow out of either of the ports?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 PM

I have mine apart, so I can't say which direction, down or facing carb, but if you look closely, there are 2 plates that are bolted together. 1 of the ports comes from the center of the back plate, the other little port comes from the side of the plate that is sandwiched in between the back plate, and the rest of the petcock body. The vaccuum line should be attached to theport coming from the back plate. I don't pick a direction because you can take them apart and face the ports anywhere you want. The back plate has a diaphram and a spring behind it, when the engine is on it draws the vaccuum, which pulls on the diaphram to open and allow the fuel to flow. When the engine is off, the vaccuum is gone, and the spring holds the diaphram closed. The other port is for atmosphere, allowing air pressure on the other side of the diaphram, making it easier for the engine vaccuum to move the diaphram and spring. If the atmosphere port is plugged, it will not open properly either, so make sure the other port is free and clear.
Hope this helps...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 AM

Quick Reply: new memeber fuel question