CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New Member with lotsa problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member with lotsa problems...

Hi!

Just got my 3rd motorcycle two days ago for free. If I can get it running, it is all mine, otherwise I'll have to part it out. I have never had an older bike, so all the quirky things involved with this bike are alien to me.

The bike's story is it belonged to my roommate's coworker, who cherished it for since he bought it brand new in 1993. Then it was stolen but found a year later. The thief was ridng down 880 her ein the Bay Area. I was in the impound for less than 6 months. The Good: The carbs are clean, no gasket leaks, no leaking oil, shocks are fine, hence the bike should be mechanically sound. It even has a Vance & Hines exhaust system on it!! The Bad: The ignition was destroyed, the wiring harnes was "hotwired", bike spray painted black, no seat, no head light, front fairing stay is bent a little, the front tire is shot, and all the fairings were removed (to make it look like a street fighter). BUT, surprisingly, the stator and clutch covers are NOT all marked up like it had been laid down hard or hit a stationary object. I just got a battery today and wil be taking lotsa pics to hopefully have some of you help me route some of the wires correctly.

Mainly, the wiring around the ignition and left handlebar assemblywas messed up, in addtion to the entire right handlebar assembly being replaced with one from a FLH?? Yeah, Harley parts on a Honda. Anyways, I hope that I can get this bike on the road again with a little help from my forum friends. Pics soon to follow.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!
Default RE: New Member with lotsa problems...

good luck in your rebuild. I would pick up a new harness on ebay rather than trying to fix the old one. You can usually get one for $20-$40 bux.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 PM

I by far from an expert, but it sounds like those should be relatively easy fixes.. You should have that thing running in no time..

Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 PM

i second the notion to buy a new wiring harness off ebay!!! make life simple and replace the whole thing. they are cheap on ebay too.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Well, life has yet to come to my F2. Reason being I got scammed out opf $120 by a forum member!!
I tried to buy some parts from tmr931 (aka Todd Rosenberger of Milford, OH or Pat McRotch of Cinncinatti, OH), just to never recieve them and never get my money back from Paypal.
This really f-u-c-k-i-n-g sux!!
These f-u-c-k-i-n-g fagsnever sent me my parts, never provideed a tracking number, never tried to work it out, took my money, and has since disappeared from the forum!!
I hate f-u-c-k-i-n-g thieves!!!
I hate f-u-c-k-i-n-g scammers!!
If I could hop a plane to Cincy or Milford, I f-u-c-k-i-n-g would!!
I'd get my money back, however possible!!
These pieces of s-h-i-t need to get the f-u-c-k off forums and stop ripping people off!!
Yeah, I'm a newbie (not tovBulletin forums or car clubs or riding either)here and everything has gone sour!!
Somebody has to know how to reciprocate stolen funds over state lines!!
If not, then I am gonna f-u-c-k-i-n-g find out and take these f-u-c-k-e-r-s to court!!
F-u-c-k this s-h-i-t, and f-u-c-k you Todd Rosenberger and Pat McRotch!!
/end rant

Old 09-25-2007, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: teknotexan

Well, life has yet to come to my F2. Reason being I got scammed out opf $120 by a forum member!!
I tried to buy some parts from tmr931 (aka Todd Rosenberger of Milford, OH or Pat McRotch of Cinncinatti, OH), just to never recieve them and never get my money back from Paypal.
This really f-u-c-k-i-n-g sux!!
These f-u-c-k-i-n-g fagsnever sent me my parts, never provideed a tracking number, never tried to work it out, took my money, and has since disappeared from the forum!!
I hate f-u-c-k-i-n-g thieves!!!
I hate f-u-c-k-i-n-g scammers!!
If I could hop a plane to Cincy or Milford, I f-u-c-k-i-n-g would!!
I'd get my money back, however possible!!
These pieces of s-h-i-t need to get the f-u-c-k off forums and stop ripping people off!!
Yeah, I'm a newbie (not tovBulletin forums or car clubs or riding either)here and everything has gone sour!!
Somebody has to know how to reciprocate stolen funds over state lines!!
If not, then I am gonna f-u-c-k-i-n-g find out and take these f-u-c-k-e-r-s to court!!
F-u-c-k this s-h-i-t, and f-u-c-k you Todd Rosenberger and Pat McRotch!!
/end rant

Why won't paypal give you your money back?

Old 09-25-2007, 01:14 PM

Maybe you should learn a new word or two.....your vocabulary seems to comprise of mainly the F word.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cadaver

Maybe you should learn a new word or two.....your vocabulary seems to comprise of mainly the F word.
I think he's got quite a reason to be pretty pissed-off...I know I would f*ck'in be...
RB

Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM

With a name like Pat Mcrotch you shoulda known. Sorry but I had to say that.

Now that it's all over,what parts do you need?

kjohnson888@bellsouth.net

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

Sorry to here about your luck (or lack thereof)!I hate when idiots try togive a bad name to something good like this forum! Look on the bright side -your experience herecan only get better, right?Can't wait to see your pix.

Quick Reply: New Member with lotsa problems...