CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New guy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy!

Hello, i am planning to buy from a friend a F2 because i cant afford a 2009 model. With time i would like to get a newer one but in the meantime i was checking....Is it possible to convert it to the F4? Replacing the fairings and making some minor modifications?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM

sure is..

Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 PM

Welcome Leo. Do you have some pics of the new ride?
What price is your 'friend' asking for the ol' F2? any mods to it?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Talking

He is asking $800 for her. It has no mods but a nice exhaust that looks like carbon fiber (no pictures)
BTW... I AM BRAND NEW TO THIS... i really into turbocharged cars... i have a 300zx myself but I LOVE bikes and specially the CBR I have never driven (or ride?) one myself yet and dont know too much of specs... Is there any link i could check the how-to-convert the f2 into an F4... there another guy that is selling an F3 but i havent ask for anything (dont know the guy)

Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Cool

Welcome and hope you get it worked out on the F2.. Theres a couple good threads with conversions, but I cant copy/past up links from this ****ty phone. Maybe sombody else will chime in. In the meantime use the search and sift thru that...

I was gonna do the F4i upper, but I ordered an F4 upper instead by not paying attn. If I cant find a buyer for the F4 upper then its gettin rocked on the F2. I mocked it up after my F4i bracket came in and it looked ****en cool :-) Actually you should just buy my upper if you end up with that F deuce ;-)

Old 09-22-2009, 02:18 PM

No offense but you sound like you've not thought this through.

I take it youre 19 and this is your first bike? Yet before you've even purchased it youre already planning to redo all the fairings to get it as modern looking as possible. Is the something wrong with a F2 that looks like a F2? You sound like the kinda guy who thinks newest is best.

Since this is your first bike, why dont you forget about the F4i idea and get some proper riding gear. It'll save your *** when youre out squiding.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Preid

I take it youre 19 and this is your first bike? Yet before you've even purchased it youre already planning to redo all the fairings to get it as modern looking as possible. Is the something wrong with a F2 that looks like a F2? You sound like the kinda guy who thinks newest is best.

Since this is your first bike, why dont you forget about the F4i idea and get some proper riding gear. It'll save your *** when youre out squiding.
I dont think theres really anything 'wrong', but they do have that dated/oldschool look. I'd lighten up on the guy. Not everybody likes the oldscool ****. Plus the upper conversion is pretty basic..
This is my 3rd F2/3 and I like the look, but Im still gonna do the convert

Old 09-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Preid

^^^+1

Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 PM

+1 for not doing the F4 conversion... F2 looks good as is and gear is way more important. if you want an f4 save up and buy one next year after you've had some time learning on the ol' F2.