CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New CBR owner, Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR owner, Hello

Hey what's up guys, I'm frankie. I just picked up a 94 f2, it's not my first bike I use to have an 07 R6 but lost it due to bankruptcy. But that's not important. lol.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've had a bike and this bike isn't exactly the best I picked up for 500 bux, but it needs some TLC, from the top of my head or what I notice what's wrong with it is:
-Fenders are damaged, (Looking at getting a complete Repsol replica kit, from ebay possibly?)
-The battery dies out over night or if not started in a few hours.
-Takes a while to first get it to start but once we started then we can turn it on okay.
-Turns off when you come to a stop

We recently just changed the spark plugs, because from my understanding the bike was sitting for a few years before we started working with it a few months ago.

So I'm happy to finally have another bike payment free, and happy to be here any advice would be awesome thanks guys.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 AM

didnt consider all these issues if I bought a cheap problematic bike. I'll buy it off you for 600!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:20 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the bike...if it was sitting for a few years best to go through the whole and make sure everything is in good working order...also sounds like you may have munged up carbs...clean and set them up right the first time and if your unsure how do do it find someone you could trust to do the job..best of luck

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bikes not charging so new r/r and stator, your bike not idiling when it comes to a stop, stator running like poo. battery dies over night, probs old and dead from being jump started so many times.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Well I was somewhat aware of the problems. But I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to repair
Yeah, I was reading and it looks like I'm going to be replacing the R/R with a newer bike which ever crops up for a descent price and replace the connectors, also thinking about the stator, battery isn't too old but with the problems mentioned could have killed it. So once I find proper replacements going to try that.

The only major I would have is cleaning the carbs don't really know anybody in the bike world so I might have to take it to a shop.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Where would you guys recommend I pick up replacement parts. Like in the auto world we have Rockauto really awesome prices is there an equivalent for bikes?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM

eBay!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Welcome!

Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM

welcome to cbrf, sounds like you got a project on your hands. But what fun is it if you can't fix it up and make it what you want it to be, take your time with it, like these guys said run through it completely so its mechanically sound and ready to ride. I'm doing the same thing with a 900rr. If you are going to do most of the work you can take the carbs off and ask a shop how much to clean them up, only thing is getting the carb's all in sync.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

You might not need to replace your stator and reg/rec if you've just got a crap battery - have it load tested.
Bottom line is, if the battery is bad, and must be replaced anyway, you should do that first, then test the system for ample charging before throwing money at more expensive electrical parts that might not need replacing.

Quick Reply: New CBR owner, Hello