CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

need help pleaseeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help pleaseeeeee

alright, my f2 was recently rear-ended by my friend on a SV650-S[:@]... anyways im in the process of getting her atleast rideable... the stator cover was shattered so i bought another, while i was replacing it i removed the other one...got the stator into the new cover...but when i went to put the new cover on the bike, the little rod does not match up with the hole behind the gearing... to give u a better idea its the rod that runs from the stator cover through a couple gears and connects to the back. My question is, how in the hell do i get the gears to line back up with the hole in the back? im abouta quarter inch away, if i look through the hole in the gears i can see part of the hole it needs to line up with... if any1 has ANY input please let me know. thanks in advance!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Default RE: need help pleaseeeeee

I swapped my stator cover for a nrc race cover. My gear and shaft stayed on the motor. II just had a problem lineing up the shaft and stator shaft with the cover. Did you try putting the gear and shaft on the motor first then put the cover on?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM

the gear is still on the motor. i never took it out. i guess when i pulled the old cover off the shaft came partly out and somehow the gear got nudged or something and does not line up with the hole in the back. ive tried pushing the gear towards the hole but it dosent budge.... any ideas?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:40 PM

bummmmp, cmon guys. i want to get my bike put back together....any input welcome.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 PM

the gear that houses the rod is outta place, im sure ur aware of that fact, simply move the biggest gear a little and the smaller one which isnt budging right now will be free as a bird and u can push it further back to its original position. hope this helps

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Get the 650 riders insurance info and put your bike in the shop. Tell 650 rider to get a cbr and all will be well

Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 PM

undercoverbrother if u could please explain to me very precisely and step by step id deeply apreciate it haha, cuz i cannot get that SOB to move for anything. when u say move the biggest gear you are refering to the biggest gear that houses the rod, correct? pull it outward? push it inward? im a little confused and very frustrated lol. i can see that the smaller gear that houses the rod is pulled out a little bit and it will not go back in, nor can the stator cover fit on it being that the gear is out a little bit. thanks for your help

as for the insurance, this guy was a friend from work... it would have made this process 1000000000X easier on my part had he went through his insurance complany to fix my bike but he and i both know his rates would skyrocket, i accepted a cash settlement.....i know, i know it wasnt the best thing i could have done, but i didnt want to screw him over...

Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 AM

bump

Old 08-16-2007, 01:31 PM

wow, i finaly figured it out and installed the new cover today. for future reference, when chnging a stator cover make sure tht the rod stays in! i had to rotate the gears bakcwards, it wasnt easy and it kills your fingers lol. if the pin stays out, the large gear will rotate the smaller gears causing them to jam up inside the case, if this happens all you have to do is grab the medium sized gear and rotate it backwards, its extremly hard to get it to budge but it will. thanks guys for all your help