CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

NEED HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Hey all,

OK, got my palstics all torn off and was trying to research the reason why when riding a few days ago, I kicked into 5th gear and it seemed like my chain went completely slack and would not engage. I kicked it up into 6th and it caught?!?!?!?! I have also noticed more vibration and noise in 5th and 6th gear now. Chain slack is evident, but nothing to bad!?!?!? ANY IDEAS ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Also while I have it tore down I want to replace the chain and possibly both sprockets. I have heard about the 520 conversion but thought I could get away with just going -1 in the front sprocket and replacing the chain.
AGAIN, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Also, in a previous post, I indicated that I had purchase a set of carbon fiber bar ends and when I went to install them I found that there was a threaded insert in the right handlebar but not the left!?!?! There is two small (set screw) holes in the top and bottom of the handlebar end as if you could attach a threaded insert into the handlebar end. IS THIS POSSIBLE??? Or do I knock out the right side insert and buy a set of expansion bolt type bar ends?

I would appreciate any and all feedback on these problems.. I would love to get this thing back on the road before summer is over...

Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Default RE: NEED HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

I can only bump this for you...but that is one reason I try to take my bike to a mechanic instead of doing it myself.

I know you will be fine and someone hear has answers.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:06 AM

Have you had the Cam Chain Tensioner checked out?
Does the motor rattle more than the normal few secs of rattle (until Oil pressure builds up) on a cold start?

My suggestion would be do a search on these forums for "Cam Chain Tensioner" and read and see if what you are experiencing is similar to what some of these posts describe when the CCT is starting to be an issue.
If so, then I personally would have a pro check it and fix it/replaceit if it needs fixing/replacing.

I hope you get it back on the road before summers over too, that way you get to enjoy what little good weather we washingtonians get to have to ride in, and maybe we would have a chance to meet up somewhere and ride before the rain/crappy weather hits.

Good luck man!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:13 PM

I'd say you missed a shift and maybe damaged the transmission. Sometimes bikes get caught inbetween gears if you dont shift postively, and it produces a terrible sound like a chain jumping. You did the right thing catching another upshift (never,ever try and down shift when you've mis-shifted) and everything re-engaged. You may want to change your oil and cut the oil filter apart to see if there are metal fragments in it. F2 transmissions are pretty hard to hurt though.... and dont worry too much about mishifting... people do it all the time. The occasional mishift wont hurt much as long you pull the clutch right back in and upshift. Just try not to make a habit of it, oh and check to see if your shifter linkage is adjusted correctly and slop free, this will help prevent misses.