CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

need help picking a rear tire!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help picking a rear tire!!

ok, my 93 CBR600 needs a new rear tire. 160/60/17. im new to riding so i have no idea what tires a good for bikes.. so if anyone can help me out here picking up a good tire id appreciate it.

FYI- i tried searching but its not working correctly right now.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: need help picking a rear tire!!

What do you plan on doing with thebike and how will you be riding it?

I'm using my bike as a commuter and some legal speed limit fun, so I chose some Michelin Pilot Road tires. They'll last a while and they are probably at least as good as what came stock on the bike 15 years ago. They'll supposedly work in the rain and last a long while, so I'm hoping I'll get a different bike by the time I wear this set out. I've also heard good things about the Dunlop D220s

If you only plan on having fun and using the bike on nice days, then the Pilot Power tires may be a good choice.

the three tires I listed above were all recommended to me at one point, butI chose the Roads because I wanted long life and all weather type ability in case I get stuck in the rain coming home from work. The price was right too, although if purchased off eBay, almost all three can be had for nearly the same price.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 PM

I have a 93 F2 as well...my back tire is some brand ive never heard of ....Tomahawk?

its a 180/55...

go to: americanmototire.com

Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM

after talking to a few friends of mine, i do more cruising when i ride i really dont ride very hard, but i decided to go with the dunlop qualifier. ordered from denniskirk.com $121.99 shipped!!! good deal, so i couldnt pass is up. also did some reading and found out the michelin power pilots are good as well, but they're a bit more expensive.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM

qualifier.....for cruising.......that probably wasn't your best choice, man. You better learn to ride a little harder and put those tires to good use for the 3000 miles they'll last.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 PM

I agree... Qualifiers are for hard riding, they won't last long for pure cruising. They're soft, sticky tires. Good for the corners.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:39 PM

tell you the truth i just put a new tire on lastnight....i ended up goin with the bridgestone battlax....had them on my other bike....havnt had any complaints yet...in my opinion good tire for the buck!!

Trevor

Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 PM

well cruising right now, im still learning how to ride, and i have a really bald tire.....so yea....... any fix right now is good for me. im prolly only keeping the f2 till next year. then once i get better at everything im really wanting an 06 ninja 636, i have my heart set out to get one. i just like how cheap my insurance is on my f2!!! its great!! most of my friends are running qualifiers and they love them, so i hope they work out well for me too.

i appreciate all the input, maybe once i get my bike running 100% (needs a R/R) ill learn to ride a little harder. i love corners

any on here use shinko tires?? one of the local shops keeps recommending them to a few of my buddies who just got new tires.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michelin Pilot Powers!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 AM

OK, you are planning on getting rid of what is basically a superbike for a Ninja and it's an upgrade? I could see going to an F4, an F4i, ZX something, YZF, or GSXR, but a Ninja??

BTW, when you sell that bike next year, you'll take a little hit because the new owner will have to replace the tire right away again.

Quick Reply: need help picking a rear tire!!