CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Need Help i got f'ed

Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help i got f'ed

So I just put a new sprocket on last night and doing some general maintenance at a friends house rode my bike back to the dorm around 2:30am. I get a call at 5:30am from the university police saying someone pushed my bike over and they saw some one running from the parking lot and found my bike on the ground. The brake lever fell off as well my chain broke I need a new brake lever and new chain i found a clutch/break lever combo here Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Honda CBR 600 F2,F3,F4 For Sale Will this work? and at the same time im not looking to pay a lot for a chain but i need a chain that will hold up with me hammering down and doing wheelies any suggestions? I need answers asap I wanna get back on my bike!

Any help is appreciated

Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

okay, so wherever the hell you bought your chain from last time, if you just put that thing on, you either 1, have horrible mechanical skills which i don't think is the case because you were able to 1up most of the riders in the world and figure out how to take the chain off in the first place, or 2, bought the worlds crappiest chain if it snapped by someone pushing your whip over.

a good chain, that if you bought to do wheelies, is going to take mad abuse and if it couldn't withstand a fall, from some dick *** douche bag piece of **** needs to be shot ****tard, i'm glad that **** broke then and not when your riding brother.

Ne ways, buy a chain and sprocket, like a -1 +2 and a sturdier sprocket and use a peening link instead of a normal master link so it can take abuse. honestly, just look around the web and find a legit store and don't buy something so important off ebay. I went and got mine at iron pony however, my buddy for his r6 bought an entire kit, both sprockets and chain, lol it was a red chain to for like 180 i don't remember the site but i'll look around for you some more buddy

Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You say you put a new sprocket on - was it due to the sprocket being worn out or were you just playing with teeth? Really old chains on new sprockets can be asking for trouble. Chains and sprockets wear together and wear out together, and are intended to be replaced together as well. I'm assuming you replaced the rear sprocket? If it's cause it was worn out, your drive sprocket is worn out too and you need to get a new one.

Pushing a bike over shouldn't break a chain - if so - your chain was crap to begin with like damaged or rusted thru or something and should have never been ridden on.

If you want a strong but cheaper chain - go with a 530, not a 520. The strongest 520's are more expensive. But, if you just put a new sprocket on, you'll be stuck with getting a chain that fits that sprocket, unless you want to replace it too.

What size chain fits your sprockets, and how many teeth are on the sprockets? Stunt riding or street? We might be able to make some suggestions with that info.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Go eBay for a good chain and sprocket kit. I bought a Regina XSO set last year for $130. No deals that good right now, but you can get something decent for a bit cheaper. And +1 on what the others were saying about the chain. I don't even have mine riveted and getting that damn master link apart is a total PIA.

I guess the campus cops didn't feel like chasing someone?

Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2

Check the stickies, there is a RK rep, who frequents our forums. He has offered
a forum-wide discount on RK products. Worth checking out.

Good luck, Ern

Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ttemby
im not looking to pay a lot for a chain but i need a chain that will hold up with me hammering down and doing wheelies any suggestions?
Yeah, get a job. Wheelies and "hammering down" is hard on a chain. Prepare to chew a cheap one apart with the quickness.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

^^^^^you forgot to mention die from the chain snapping on the highway from destroying it doing wheelies

Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
Yeah, get a job. Wheelies and "hammering down" is hard on a chain. Prepare to chew a cheap one apart with the quickness.
+1. A chain is not the place to cheap out.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jesseawesome
yeah, get a job. Wheelies and "hammering down" is hard on a chain. Prepare to chew a cheap one apart with the quickness.
+1000

Old 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait???!!! How did the chain snap falling over??????????????

Search this Thread