CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!!

so i was ridin the other day, and my gauge lights went out, for the mph and tach, so a couple days later, i'm riding my bike and the bitch dies, start it back up then rode it, when i romped on it, it wasn't goin anywhere fast, soon after it died after having to push start it 5 times, i got it home, then i rode it the next day for about half hour, everything was fine, then it dies, so i put a new batt in it, ride it for prolly 30minutes to an hour, dies again!!!!!! so i know that something is draining the battery, its not re-charging, ive read that basically any light out, is bad and can short and cause a draw, could it be my gauge lights???????? i need some help, i'm gettin pissed, and i don't kno how the charging system on a motorcycle works, so someone please help

Old 06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP!!!

Take of your seat and using a voltmeter, put the positive clamp on the positive and negative on the negative and start it up..it should be producing @ 13.5V or so at 5000 RPM, if it is not then you probally have a charging system failure, more than likely the regulator/rectifier

Old 06-23-2005, 10:42 PM

its gotta be that, i don't kno how the charging system on a bike works, but i fired it up after 3 or 4 days, and fired right up, its just once the battery dies, its done, it doesn't get charged, is the regulator the only possibility?

Old 06-25-2005, 11:27 PM

It is the first thing to check, and it is just a matter of sequences that must be followed, start there and if it is still not charging, check the stator