CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My project has started

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboy1011
How are those graphics workin out for ya? I've been looking at the different sellers on e-bay but haven't really seen anything I like. I wanna do the carbon fiber thing and these look like the way to go. Let me know how ya like em
I'm liking them, in fact I'm gonna order another set for spares, and because I wanna change up the placement a little bit.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckxtreme
What are your plans for your bike?
LOTS... It wont be finished this year, that's a sure bet (too many other projects going on)

I'm currently in the midst of rebuilding the motor
The frame, swingarm, wheels and other various bits are going for a coat of powder
Suspension is being re-sprung and overhauled possibly with F3 internals
Exhaust header is being ceramic coated and I have a new Jardine slip-on to finish it off
Stock bodywork is being re-painted to the OEM styling with some slight tweaks (will look very stock)

It's mostly just a rebuild back to showroom condition, it will look like a brand new F2 as you would have seen back in 1993, but with some subtle modern touches.

It already has an F4 rear shock, braided lines, pazzo levers, new clutch and things like that.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM

That would look beautiful. I'm assuming this is not your daily rider? This is my only bike at the moment. I'd like to get another ZX7r simply because it was my first bike, but right now I just want a clean 600cc that's a little more rare then the swarm of R6's, RR's and ZX's currently roaming the streets. Even in its beat up condition I'd get people swarming over to my bike, just because its a classic.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM

I get (got) plenty of comments on my CBR before I started tearing it down, I love this bike - it's the perfect all-rounder.

I have a supermoto race bike that i'm using to get my thrills in while the CBR is having down time, I just use my truck or car to get around for now.

In a few years time I am sure I will be picking up a new 1000 to play with, but for as long as I can I will keep the F2 around.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 AM

Alright, well... body work is now at O'Grady's for a new paint job, ordered a rectifier, and took my seat in to get an estimate to repair (Theres a tear in the leather).

Now.. to figure out something with the tail. I was thinking of simply cutting down the stock license bracket, knocking out the big lump of a plate light, and drilling in higher up to mount the plate. This way I can just keep the stock turn signals while cleaning up the rear end a bit.

Sometime next week, I'm going to sand down the rust off the exhaust and paint.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Is your exhaust stock? I have a stock system and a Hindle system for sale... (no header though)

How much did O'Grady's quote you?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM

My exhaust is Yoshimura. I just want to clean off the rust from it.

Ogradys is doing the job for about $700, which includes re-decaling it and fixing a major hole right in the corner of the upper fairing, plus theres some other cracks needing work that he said he'll take care of.

Do you have any parts for the F2 you dont need? Ie: I'm looking for a replacement clutch lever, as mine is slightly bent. Doesnt affect shifting, but it annoys me knowing its bent.

I'm also looking for something to do with the windshield. I could just buy a tinted one off ebay, but I'm wondering about doing something different. I see some people paint it, I'm looking for ideas with this.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM

To add:

My seat came back as a 200-300 full recovering of the leather. now, looking online, I see people have a cover, and on ebay, one of the sellers has a black cover with red accents, which will go good with my theme and they're about $50.00. Does anyone have any experience with these? are they cheap, and fall apart?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM

I have a clutch lever for you, good as new, I have a brake lever too if you want it.

$700 is cheap! What exactly are they doing with the paint?

I was going to paint mine myself but I think the job I want done may be out of my skillset.

For your seat, why dont you just Ebay up a good used seat? I wouldn't pay $300 to have it recovered, I think you can get an aftermarket seat for less than that (nicer looking and more comfortable)

Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM

i went to Joann fabrics and bought some vinyl (thats what was on mine before i changed it not leather) and just stretched it out to fit the seat and stapled it underneath. cost about 10 bucks maybe cheaper if on sale or you can find coupon. They come in all kinds of colors.

Quick Reply: My project has started